FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Panasonic TV/blue ray player problem playing files

<<

peter1212

Serviio lover

Post Sat May 17, 2014 9:56 am

Panasonic TV/blue ray player problem playing files

Hi there,
I have a Panasonic TV - TXL32E6B and a Panasonic blu-ray player - DMPDB77.
Both of these are DLNA capable and connected to the same network where the server sits, both use DLNA from Serviio.

My problem, is that when playing some files on the TV via DLNA (no specific file type, could be mkv avi or mp4), the file plays til roughly 10 or 20 minutes and then freezes. The audio continues in the background with the movie still playing, but the screen freezes and seems to re-run the visuals from the beginning looping over certain frames and having a block hazy pattern in the top half of the screen..... however, my blu ray player plays the same file and doesn't stop at all at any point.

I'm guessing this maybe a transcoding error? As there is nothing wrong with the file.
I have Serviio set to Panasonic S/ST/E profile and the blu ray player set to default profile. I have also tried the TV on default profile and the problem still exists.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.
If you need me to post logs, please ask and I'll provide.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun May 18, 2014 6:58 am

Re: Panasonic TV/blue ray player problem playing files

Firstly try the Panasonic Viera 2013 profile as that should be better suited to the E6 models - using this profile will stream most MKV's and MP4's natively (which should be supported by your TV).

After that, if it is still occurring we need to understand what is happening. Some questions:

• Does this occur if you simply watch the program beginning to end, or only after fast forwarding, pausing or resuming?
  • What does your TV report the media to be (eg. MPEG2, Video, DivX);
  • Check your PC - is any other process firing up that may be affecting streaming/transcoding
  • Post a detailed log (click on link to find out how) showing the period where it is happening.
  • Post Media Info for the media file.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

peter1212

Serviio lover

Post Tue May 20, 2014 1:35 pm

Firstly try the Panasonic Viera 2013 profile as that should be better suited to the E6 models - using this profile will stream most MKV's and MP4's natively (which should be supported by your TV).

After that, if it is still occurring we need to understand what is happening. Some questions:

Does this occur if you simply watch the program beginning to end, or only after fast forwarding, pausing or resuming?
What does your TV report the media to be (eg. MPEG2, Video, DivX);
Check your PC - is any other process firing up that may be affecting streaming/transcoding
Post a detailed log (click on link to find out how) showing the period where it is happening.
Post Media Info for the media file.

I tried the recommended profile, still happens. The file is a .mkv.

The problem happens regardless whether I watch for 10/20 mins or I fast forward and stop before the 10/20minute mark.
TV reports the media to be a .mkv, this is the same as what the blu-ray reports it as.
Looking at the server whilst the TV is playing the file, the CPU reaches no more than 15% and the RAM no more than 2GB (for all processes inc Serviio), Max RAM installed is 8GB so plenty.
Followed actions in link to DEBUG logs, nothing was written to log for DEBUG at the time the error happens.

Same file played on both, occurs on TV whether I use Serviio or another DLNA, wired or wireless.

Video of the TV playing the file
http://videobam.com/zeAHy

Video of the Blu-ray playing the file.
http://videobam.com/HprpB
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed May 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Not sure. Post MediaInfo details for the file and see if that shows anything, but it could be something in the encoding of the file that the Viera doesn't like. If that's the case re-encoding the video may be the solution if it's only one or two files.

You could try the Panasonic Viera 2010 profile. This will transcode all MKV files - not ideal but may provide another pointer to the underlying issue.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

peter1212

Serviio lover

Post Sun May 25, 2014 11:21 am

Hi,
The Panasonic Viera 2010 profile showed the film on a much smaller resolution and wouldn't allow fast forward/rewind etc, not a great solution but thanks for your reply.

I've tried to convert from the troubled file format, to another, eg, .mkv to .avi or mp4, mpeg, the problem still exists; I'll try recoding sometime this week with diferent software tho.

Return to Panasonic