Subtitles

<<

panasonic

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:14 am

Subtitles

Hi Everybody

My TV is a Panasonic Viera ST50

I got some Animes I'd like to watch. These are .mkv Files. On my PC they show up with an english subtitle.

I tried every possible way I could think of in the Serviio console 1.5 but I can't get the subtitles to be shown. (They seem to be burned in as there are no other files except the .mkv)

In the "delivery" tab --> "Subtitles" I choose:

Enable subtitles
Enable burned-in subtitles "Always"

I did also try to choose all three options

I did also try to choose the other viera profiles and stop / start serviio but without any success...Video plays perfectly but subtitle is not shown :S
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:57 am

Re: Subtitles

From what you have described the subtitles are embedded into the MKV file. I haven't got an ST50 but it may be able to support this natively. Try:
  • In Serviio Console, Delivery, Subtitles tab, enable "Enable Subtitles". Uncheck the other two checkboxes.
  • Press Save
  • Play the video on your TV. You need to turn on subtitles using the Option button on your remote and select the Subtitle the Subtitle Language (if it appears)
If that doesn't work, then go back to Serviio Console and:
  • Enable both "Enable Subtitles" and "Enable Extraction of Embedded subtitles". Uncheck the last checkbox.
  • Enter the language code in the console
  • Press Save
  • Play the video on your TV and see if the subtitles Option is available on the remote
lastly that doesn't work, then go back to Serviio Console and check all three boxes (Enabling Always). This time your video will be transcoded and the subtitles will be burnt in. Let us know which of the three methods worked - if none work, it could be because your PC isn't powerful enough - but in any case post a detailed log and we can have a look.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

panasonic

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:44 am

Dear Deny

Thank you very much for your help.

All of your options worked, I was not aware that I have to go in to the options menue of my tv and enable Subtitles...(Hotkey Subtitles on the remote didn't work).

Thank you very much for your help.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:41 am

No problem.
All of your options worked
Best then to leave it with only "Enable Subtitles" checked and leave the other two unchecked. This then serves the media to the TV natively, with no transcoding or extraction.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Panasonic