FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

does serviio stream subtitles with avi files

<<

Reefer

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:18 am

does serviio stream subtitles with avi files

High, i just discovered Serviio and installed the demoversion and like it so much that i want to buy it. Only problem is that i need it to stream the subtitles for AVI files as well and for some reason it doesnt.
Can anyone maybe tell me if this can be done by Serviio, or not. Or Maybe if my Panasonic TX-L32E6E running on Vierra3.734 is preventing the subs from coming through. (i understand that the type of tv matters)
I have round about 1700 movies and Serviio displays and plays them all smooth and perfectly, as well as my music.
If i can get Serviio to stream the subs of my AVI's, i have found the programm i was looking for and have everything i want in 1 programm!
also would be a bonus if i could use my complete music collection and shuffle the complete folder instead of only 100 songs.
Hope these are not stupid Questions....
Thx
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:23 pm

Re: does serviio stream subtitles with avi files

We need some info from one of your videos. Some forms of subtitles don't work through Serviio. Either use the FFMPEG -i command line or a program such as MediaInfo to view your video details and post the results here.

Also, if your playback device doesn't play the file without transcoding, then you lose all subtitles unless you tell Serviio to burn them in. That can be set on a tab in the console.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Reefer

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:11 pm

Thanx for the reply. I have, like you said, found out that some of the specific videofiles didnt work and have decided to convert them to HD format MP4 and now everything works... :)
I will buy this nice programm and hope i unlock some more nice features.
Finally a programm that works
again thx
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:33 pm

The only significant difference with the paid version is the web browser player (MediaBrowser). With this, you can watch your movies from outside your home network. Your home router needs to be set up for it, and Serviio can do it automatically with some brands.

The remaining goodness of Serviio is available with the free version. However, I feel the program is so good it's worth paying for it, and personally I've done so.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Panasonic