FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TX-L32E6E - No subtitles (MKV, embedded)

<<

Codyksp

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:45 pm

TX-L32E6E - No subtitles (MKV, embedded)

Hello,

After searching around a bit for a DLNA server I came accross Serviio and was surprised at how quickly and easily I could get it up and running.
My TV plays the video files perfectly and everything is smooth and clear, the only issue is that I have no subtitles...
I watch a lot of anime which has subtitles embedded in the MKV files as ssa/ass, on my PC they play just fine but the TV doesn't receive them.

When I check the subtitle options on my TV there is nothing there... AS if they don't exist.
I have tried checking "Enable extraction of subtitles embedded in video files" as well as "Enabled burned-in subtitles" but they didn't work.
If I disable transcoding then I am unable to play the video files because my TV cannot read them.

How can I fix this issue? Also if a log is required I would like to know which part because when I enable debugging I get tons of text.
<<

Codyksp

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:41 pm

Re: TX-L32E6E - No subtitles (MKV, embedded)

I have used a program called "VidCoder" to burn-in the subtitles and now they appear.
No matter what I try with Serviio I can't get them to work, I thought it was also capable of burning them in for me?
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:40 am

Re: TX-L32E6E - No subtitles (MKV, embedded)

Yes, Serviio can do it. Whether your PC can extract the subtitles and burn them fast enough may be an issue - the TV will time out if your PC can't produce the transcoded file fast enough.

When I check the subtitle options on my TV there is nothing there... AS if they don't exist.
How are you checking - you need to use the Option button on your remote and select the the Subtitle Language (if it appears). Also see this viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18300#p98055
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Panasonic