FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I could do with a dummies guide

<<

pozzydrive

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:57 am

I could do with a dummies guide

Hi all, new here and could do with some help, really not a techy and do not understand half the conversations on this site, far too advanced for me, I get by though, my setup is as follows;
Panasonic Viera TX-L37G20B connected wirelessly to an airport extreme through an Edimax AR-7084gA router (due to the fact the airport extreme does not have a modem), my computer is an Apple iMac running the latest snow leopard OS, I have a WD Mybook network drive connected to the Airport extreme via a LAN cable, also new to Apple computers, prior experience was always windows based PC's.

I managed to eventually get Mybook recognised by the Panasonic Viera, it streams music well, can see my photographs without any problems, but cannot stream video, read all I could about the Panasonic system and apparently it will only play DiVX as that is the setup on the Panasonic, however tried a Divx video and no luck, plays a little then just freezes, I managed to get other formats recognised but not all of the time, AVi and Xvid whatever that is, same issue, just freeze up, Mpeg4 is not recognised, what is recognised are files dragged direct to my drive from a DVD i.e. VTS files, these play great and always in sync.

Anyway enough about the Mybook, just trying to provide as much info as possible, I downloaded the Serviio program, it is recognised by the Panasonic, it seems to display items (folders) from my iMac such as, Audio, Image, Video etc and inside them a breakdown of other folders, all of which are empty and this is where I'm stuck, I do not have a clue how to proceed from here?

Regards

Pozzy
<<

pozzydrive

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: I could do with a dummies guide

Not sure why, but Serviio has started to work in conjunction with the Panasonic Viera TV, files are now recognised whereas before they were not, anyway, thats all I wanted, now its working fine, I would like to thank the designers of Serviio, its amazing, I do have another question though, but will first look on the forum to see if an answer has already been posted and if not, then I will ask, thanks once again.

Pozzy

Return to Panasonic