FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Online stream not listed?

<<

polpcr

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:12 am

Online stream not listed?

hallo all,

although new in this forum, I use serviio for years with no problems on my Pan Vierra 2010 model - for video files...

Yesterday I played with serviio and VLC to be able to stream desktop content... according this tutorial: http://vrsverige.se/?page_id=3635

Everything is fine, just I cannot see created online stream (in tutorial called "desktop") in TV "media server" list. Stream should be OK (when I press the "check stream URL" button in serviio console, after cca 10s its checked sucessfully..) .

I have set up In "presentation" tab in Serviio, under "Movies" I set "online" settings to "Display category" - is this the "item" where the online content should appear? If so, I see the "online" folder but no "desktop" online stream under it..

I think I have waited long enough (5 mintues...?) - and no "desktop" stream appears...

thank You for any idea...

Pavel
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:46 pm

Re: Online stream not listed?

The desktop streaming procedure I developed, which this sleezebag stole from the Wiki and then solicited donations but has no skills to support, is at
http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=stream_pc
I think it will explain the fix to your problem. (Start the VLC stream first).
You can also find Desktop Streaming threads on this forum with other user experiences.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4660&start=220&hilit=desktop+streaming
<<

polpcr

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:39 am

Hallo JHB!

thanks for reply.

Of course I have VLC running, and streaming (pressing button "check stream URL" in serviio console works correctly (green check after few seconds). So I assume everything is fine with stream so far..)

But, TV simply does not see the "desktop" stream under "movies-online" folder... so I wonder if i somehow does not prevent serviio in "presentation" tab setting not to list online stream(s)?

Pavel
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:34 pm

TV simply does not see the "desktop" stream under "movies-online" folder

There is no "movies-online" folder. "Online sources" display in the "online" folder, if they were active when the feed was saved or refreshed.
<<

polpcr

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:33 am

Hallo again.

just to be more clear, I created few screenshots.

stream1.jpg : I suppose it prooves the stream is working correctly (VLC is running, and the screenshot shows, that Serviio can connect to the stream and URL is checked sucessfully - green check appears)

stream2.jpg : the screenshot of Serviio's presentation tab. Unfortunatelly there cannot be shown everything, so I scrolled to very down and You can see the "video: section of presentation tab. Very last row is seeting of "online" folder of Video section.

stream3.jpg : photo of Panasonic TV - I suppose it proves Serviio is working ( :-) ) and You can see it shows the Video folder as configured in previous step. So far everything is allright.

stream4.jpg : photo of content of "online" folder in "video" folder in TV. You can see no stream available, although in stream1 Serviio is able to check the stream

I check everyhting twice, and really dont know, what going on why TV is not showing the online stream which serviio can see...

thanks..

Pavel
Attachments
stream3.JPG
stream3.JPG (54.9 KiB) Viewed 10869 times
stream2.jpg
stream2.jpg (107.65 KiB) Viewed 10869 times
stream1.jpg
stream1.jpg (50.57 KiB) Viewed 10869 times
<<

polpcr

Serviio newbie