FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Process ffmepg 90%

<<

Gang

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:35 am

Process ffmepg 90%

Hi.
I had several problems to install serviio but reading this web i solved it.
Try to explain my environment.
Host A (Windows 7 64 bits java 8) Console Servio .
Host B NAS Synologic DS213J MARVELL Armada 370 88F6707 Server Serviio
TV Panasonic g20

In Console with Panasonic Viera (2013) process ffmpeg take 90% cpu and movies on tv stops each 2 seconds. The red traficc only 2 KB
In consoloe with panasonic Viera (2010) all files not sopported ..

can you help me ??

Thanks in advance.
Sorry for my bad english.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:18 am

Re: Process ffmepg 90%

The Viera G20 does not natively support many video types.
You need to use the Panasonic Viera (2010) profile which will tell Serviio to transcode or remux most files ... however your NAS is unlikely to have the processor grunt to support video transcoding, which will limit you to remuxing only. This will limit you to playing :

• AVI files with DivX or XVid video encoding (these are supported by the G20 and will be played natively); or
  • Other files if the video is H.264 (Level 4.1 and below) or MPEG2 Video (remuxed with possible audio transcoding which your NAS should be able to handle)
All other files will require video transcoding, which unfortunately your Synologic won't be able to do (without causing stuttering).

....all files not supported
You need to tell us what files (MediaInfo details). Make sure Transcoding is enabled in the console.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

Gang

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:54 pm

Thank you for reply.

You are wright !! only div or mpg2 works fine in my environment.

In your opinion, which is the best way in order to see all fomats in my environment ... maybe with media storage player connected to tv ?? are there another options ??

Thanks in advance.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:08 am

are there another options
No, only variants on this - it doesnt have to be a storage device, but could be an alternative - for example a DLNA capable bluray player, a playstation or xbox, or other device (eg. Roku or WDLive). Having said that I haven't come across a device that plays every format (other than a Media PC - where you can add software decoders as new formats emerge, but a Media PC largely defeats the purpose of a home DLNA server) so there will always be a level of compromise.

You could also just ensure you stay with media that is within the bounds of your TV - only AVI (DivX or XVid) or any container (MP4, MKV, AVI, etc) with H264 L@4.1 and below, or MPEG2 video streams. This is a large slab of what is out there - depending on how many you have, you could then manually transcode any others as needed.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Panasonic