FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't play MPEG TS on Panasonic TH-55AS700A

<<

ibrisbane

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:02 am

Can't play MPEG TS on Panasonic TH-55AS700A

Most of the files I want to play have been recorded on a Topfield PVR and the format shown is MPEG TS. I am using the Panasonic 2013 profile and transcoding is turned on.

However, only a small percentage of files will play using the media server app on the TV. I searched the forums and found one suggestion - this is what I added to the profile.xml under <Transcoding>:

<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" forceVTranscoding="true">
<Matches container="mpeg" vCodec="mpeg2video" aCodec="mp2"/>
</Video>

At first it seemed to work but then I tried to edit the profile some more to get a .ts file working but now I am back to square one.

I had made a back up of the original profile.xml file, so started again and added only the code above but I still can't get most of the files to play. Format not supported.

I don't know what the difference is or what I have done differently.

I have found that the media player app on the TV will play all the files including the .ts file but the media server app using Serviio has a better layout, so I would at least like to get the MPEG TS files playing again.

Thanks for any help.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:36 am

Re: Can't play MPEG TS on Panasonic TH-55AS700A

Hard to know where you went wrong. Try re-installing Serviio (over the top - no need to uninstall)and starting again. This will resore the profiles to their default state. Make a backup of the profiles.xml file before making any changes - that way you can revert back if needed.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Panasonic