FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Panasonic 55CX850U will not play AVI's using Servio!

<<

lirwin4

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:16 am

Panasonic 55CX850U will not play AVI's using Servio!

I cannot play any AVI video files using Servio on my Panaasonic 55CX850U TV. I can see the files, they just won't play. I found other forums that say I have to change my profile by editting my "profiles" xml file. I found the "profiles" folder in the instal directory but how specifically do I edit it and what profile should I use. Where do I find the profile that will work. It would be much appreciated if someone could walk me throught the process.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:30 am

Re: Panasonic 55CX850U will not play AVI's using Servio!

What profile has been assigned to the TV (under Serviio Console, Status tab what profile has been assigned). Try the "Panasonic Viera 2013" profile and if that doesn't work, try the "Generic DLNA Profile".

Make sure you press Save after changing the profile. Let us know if there is any difference.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

lirwin4

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Re: Panasonic 55CX850U will not play AVI's using Servio!

DenyAll wrote:What profile has been assigned to the TV (under Serviio Console, Status tab what profile has been assigned). Try the "Panasonic Viera 2013" profile and if that doesn't work, try the "Generic DLNA Profile".

Make sure you press Save after changing the profile. Let us know if there is any difference.

Thank you. Problem solved using the "Viera 2013" profile. Once I discovered that clicking on the Profile box opened up choices, it was simple. There really should be a drop box in the Console UI for this.

Return to Panasonic