FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Panasonic TV does not find Serviio running on Synology

<<

Charles Francis H.

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:12 pm

Panasonic TV does not find Serviio running on Synology

Hi there!

I used to run Serviio on my Windows 7 PC with no problems. Now I bought a Synology DS916+ and installed + configured Serviio PRO v 1.6.1 (test licence).

Since switching to Serviio on Synology the Panasonic TV (TX-L32ETF52) does mostly not find the media server.

When I stopp and (re)start the Serviio app on the NAS sometimes the TV finds the server and I can watch films. But this does not work every time. Sometimes I need to restart the hole NAS and this does not work every time, too.
When choosing the Media Server option on the TV, the Serviio appears for a second and directly disappears.

In the Serviio Console on the Status Tab the TV apperas with its IP adress and a question mark in front of it. I have an other TV (Samsung D Series) and with this one I have no problems.

Can anyone help me?
<<

Charles Francis H.

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:59 am

Re: Panasonic TV does not find Serviio running on Synology

Hello, I resolved the problem respectively figured out whats wrong: Fritzbox 7490 causes the problem: When connecting the NAS directly to the Fritzbox, the TV does not find the Server. When connecting the TV and the NAS with a sperate Switch and the Switch with the FB it works.

Return to Panasonic