FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Panasonic TX40CX680B

<<

Nusuth

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:28 pm

Panasonic TX40CX680B

I have one of the above and I'm intending to add a media server to my LAN (it will run on a Windows PC). I have a problem with the Last Watched list. Things seem to be added to it sort of randomly, sometimes its nothing that has been played, sometimes its things that have been played that don't show.

The things I'm really hoping for in whatever I finally go for are:

1. Folder view (Serviio has that nicely)
2. Resume after the TV has been turned off (only found this in UMS so far, but I'm not keen on the implementation)
3. Last watched (so I, or my wife, can figure out the next one in the series/boxset)

I'm interested if people think the problem with Last Watched is down to the profile (I've tried default and one of the Viera ones but doubt that its for a FireFox OS set if that's important).

Also would like to know if resume is supported. Currently, if I stop a film I can resume it - but only if the tv isn't turned off and only for the one film.

If I have to start developing my own profile can someone give me a steer in the right direction. I'm a competent programmer but know nothing about DLNA apart from it costs $10k to join their club.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:57 pm

Re: Panasonic TX40CX680B

Old unanswered post I realise but...
I'm interested if people think the problem with Last Watched is down to the profile (I've tried default and one of the Viera ones but doubt that its for a FireFox OS set if that's important).
No it's not. I wonder if the random adds could be when you were browsing the video's - most Panasonics have a preview function during browse which can may be adding the file to the last added list. The later versions of Serviio have a delay before adding to the list I believe which may help (and conversely may account for why some played videos don't appear).

Resume
Resume is a function of the TV, so when the Tv is turned off this is lost (its up to the TV to remember the last played and position, and tell Serviio to start playing from there. Some TV's do it, some don't and I believe some do it for multiple videos).

If I have to start developing my own profile can someone give me a steer in the right direction.
Shouldn't have to but read http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... icle&id=16 and http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... icle&id=24 and see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21909#p108176.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Panasonic