FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

suddenly no connection to pc

<<

mikkidk

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:10 am

suddenly no connection to pc

Bought my Panavision V20 for a couple of months ago. Had it connected to my pc without too many problems. But the other day the connection to my pc suddenly stopped. I was sitting watching a movie on my pc when it stopped.
Today I have switched to another router but there is still no connection between pc and TV.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall serviio a couple of times, but nothing happens.

Any ideas?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:38 am

Re: suddenly no connection to pc

Make sure your TV is on static IP address and still has the proper profile. The same for your PC - and put the PC IP address into the bound IP address field in the console.
<<

mikkidk

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:39 am

can you tell me how to do that?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:49 am

mikkidk wrote:can you tell me how to do that?

Depends on your router how this is done but to put a BOUND ip address into serviio console see the FAQ link in my signiture it will tell you how to do that on there :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

mikkidk

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:54 am

I solved the problem. It was not serviio but the set-up in my panasonic. Now it works perfect again :)
Thanks for your replies and help.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Make sure that you have turned off Auto Upgrade on Firmware changes. Alot of the Electronics now days have it setup by default to download and install firmware automatically. I have seen this cause problems alot. That is one of the 1st things I do when I get a new device.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:41 pm

moltra wrote:Make sure that you have turned off Auto Upgrade on Firmware changes. Alot of the Electronics now days have it setup by default to download and install firmware automatically. I have seen this cause problems alot. That is one of the 1st things I do when I get a new device.

Not the best idea and i wouldnt advise doing this.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:01 pm

Why would you not recommend this? I still have it setup to notify me, but I have had problems in the past with firmware updates that changed network setting and other settings that have changed how the equipment works and responds to other equipment.

When I get notification of the new firmware, I look at the documentation of the changes and install it myself that way I will notice if there is any problems with either the firmware installation or the way the equipment operates afterwards. That way I know where to start troubleshooting.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx

Return to Panasonic