FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Panasonic Viera

<<

ognjenp

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Panasonic Viera

Hi everyone, so I've recently run into a bit of a strange pickle while using Serviio and my Panasonic Viera 50 TX ASW504. The problem started out of the blue, no updates to my device or my computer (that I am aware of), no hardware changes, no network tampering, nothing.
The problem:
Serviio (and TV) will not play mkv. mp4 files at all, but they properly read them as existing on the computer
Serviio (on my TV) will not load any files into the preset "Series" "Films" etc. categories, but the files show up in the file browser (on the TV)
Serviio will not load images on the TV however, if I go to my computer and cast them, it works just fine
The images are cast normally, but the time it takes for the TV to display them is way longer than it used to be (something like 20 seconds for 1 image)
When I try to cast a video file from my computer I get the "contacting network device" message and after a while I just get the "unspecified error" on it.

What I've tried so far:
Reinstalling Serviio
Checking and re-sharing the folders
Making sure the folders aren't hidden or in any way blocked from being shared/edited/viewed
That the network connection works (the TV can connect to the internet just fine)

The strangest thing is how this bug came into being, at first my TV stopped playing mkv files, several days ago (after playing them no problem for a while), but I figured whatever, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, so I just transcoded whatever I was watching to mp4. Then, after a couple of days, the mp4s stop working and after that the above mentioned problem appears in full.

I hope you guys and gals can give me a hand, since the internet is fairly scant on my issue and Panasonic itself doesn't really offer proper support for my country.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:58 am

Re: Panasonic Viera

What profile is assigned to the TV?
Can you see the files under the "Folders" category on your TV?
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

ognjenp

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:14 am

DenyAll wrote:What profile is assigned to the TV?
Can you see the files under the "Folders" category on your TV?

The TV is assigned a generic DLNA profile, which worked fine for me.

Yes, I can see all files normally under the Folders category (but obviously can't play them). It loads the preview image and file name normally.
<<

ognjenp

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:28 pm

I forgot to mention, I am running Windows 10 Pro

I have attached my dxdiag (if it's needed) as a pastebin link, since for some reason it wouldn't let me attach a file to my post

https://pastebin.com/h2QYRWPm
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(78.09 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
<<

ognjenp

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:07 am

I have solved the problem.

After scouring the internet, resetting my TV, modem, router, folder settings and many other solutions I have found the issue. The LAN cable was slightly out of contact with the PC.

So, for anyone with a similar problem, I guess I advise you check your cable's connections and look for tears.

Return to Panasonic