FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Subtitles problem on Linux with PANASONIC TX-L47ET60E

<<

Marecki

Serviio newbie

Post Sat May 26, 2018 11:14 am

Subtitles problem on Linux with PANASONIC TX-L47ET60E

Hi
I'm using Serviio for many years. I really love it as it supports my TV!
Recently I'm trying to migrate Serviio to Linux machine. I have only partial success.
Video and audio is great, subtitles are also visible by they are totally unreadable. They looks like build from sets of random characters.
Please see attached picture to see.
Windows machine with same movie and subs is working perfectly.

Do you have any possible solutions? How to proceed?
Attachments
IMG_20180526_125732_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
IMG_20180526_125732_Easy-Resize.com.jpg (488.22 KiB) Viewed 7261 times
<<

dklimbani1

Serviio newbie

Post Sat May 26, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: Subtitles problem on Linux with PANASONIC TX-L47ET60E

Panasonic Viera TVs only display external subtitle files for DivX files, so that can explain why you don't see them for your MP4, MKV, etc. files. Its a Panasonic Viera firmware restriction and nothing we can do about it.

For your AVI/DivX file, it should work. Make sure the SRT is in the same folder as your AVI/DivX file and has the same name (e.g. c:\videos\inception.avi and c:\videos\inception.srt). If you added the SRT into the folder after adding the AVI into your Mezzmo library, then you will need to maintain the folder for Mezzmo to pick up the SRT file. Right-click on the playlist/folder in Mezzmo and click Maintain Playlist.

Another reason may be the SRT file may be the wrong format, encoding or corrupted. Perhaps rename another SRT just to see if that works.

If you still have problems, send us the SRT file to support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll test it here with our Viera.

Find out supported TV at https://top10talks.com/best-led-tv-india-2018/ if you are looking for change.

Return to Panasonic