FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Panasonic Viera TC-P50X3 Config Profile (AVI, FLV, WMV OK!)

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Panasonic Viera TC-P50X3 Config Profile (AVI, FLV, WMV O

you can check the log, it will say what is wrong with the profiles.xml file. There are probably a lot of examples on this forum that will not work with the latest version any more.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:10 am

cil1rjn wrote:with edited profiles.xml (something to the effect of "service not running, will exit now"). After replacing edited profiles.xml with original, serviio starts normally.

On your edited profiles.xml :
<Profile id="21" name="Panasonic Viera Plasma TCP50X3" extendsProfileId="99">
First change to extendsProfileId="1"
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

cil1rjn

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:57 am

Working! BIG THX Illico for your input!
Now on to the next prob. . . Pana DLNA video/audio playback adequate but avi's start & stop
every 5 sec or so. . . Home LAN is such: Pana TC-P46X3 networked with Netgear WNDA3100 USB adapter
to Netgear WNDR3700 router so guessing network bandwidth not the bottleneck. Serviio transcoding done
on circa '05 Dell Inspiron single core 2.1 GHz Pentium M processor laptop running Win XP sp3. Laptop
networked with 802.11N adapter. Is seamless transcoding possible running Serviio on this type of configuration?
What would the optimum transcoding scenerio consist of?
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:05 am

cil1rjn wrote:...Pana DLNA video/audio playback adequate but avi's start & stop every 5 sec or so. . .

As you expected, its probably due to cpu load or network bandwidth.

1- Could you enable detailed logging (see signature links), clean the log file, save then restart serviio services?
2- After serviio restarted, start the avi movie, then post the log file here.We are look at the ffmpeg command line used to transcode this file.
3- expected result : <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3">
4- execute locally the same ffmpeg command line in windows terminal (start cmd) (don't forget "..." for path name) and post the command log here (check the fps).
<<

jefferskn

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:42 am

I have a Panasonic TC-L32X30 that does not have AVI or DIVX support so I edited the Panasonic Viera profile listed at the beginning of this thread and now have working AVI playback. My only problem is every AVI plays back in 4:3 format. I would really like to be able to correct it to play 16:9 or at least native to the source file so if it's 4:3 it plays that way but if it's 16:9 it plays that way. Here is what I changed my profile too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

<Profile id="12" name="Panasonic Viera TC-L32X30" extendsProfileId="1">
<Detection>
<HttpHeaders>
<User-Agent>Panasonic MIL DLNA CP UPnP/1.*</User-Agent>
</HttpHeaders>
</Detection>
<ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.PacketVideoDLNAMessageBuilder</ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>
<SubtitlesMimeType>text/srt</SubtitlesMimeType>
<Transcoding>
<!-- remux DTS in MKV to AC3 -->
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3">
<Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="dca" />
</Video>
<!-- Remux all h264 video to MPEG-TS stream -->
<Video targetContainer="mpegts">
<Matches container="avi" vCodec="h264" />
<Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" />
<Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" />
</Video>
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3">
<Matches container="avi" vCodec="mpeg4" aCodec="lpcm" />
<Matches container="flv" />
</Video>
<!-- Transcode all other formats not supported -->
<Matches container="asf" />
<Matches container="avi" />
</Video>

<Audio targetContainer="mp3">
<Matches container="mp4" />
<Matches container="flac" />
<Matches container="ogg" />
</Audio>
</Transcoding>
</Profile>
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:31 am

jefferskn wrote:I have a Panasonic TC-L32X30 that does not have AVI or DIVX support...

Could you provide this result with your TC-L32X30 ? http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=device_sf
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
<<

jefferskn

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Device Spy did not find my device even after I refreshed the list. When I ran device sniffer it found a device with the same IP as my TV. I ended up doing the alternative route listed in the wiki and went to DLNA product search. I have attached the PDF from that website for my model TV.

TC-L32X30.pdf
(123.99 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:28 pm

X30 is same as S30 and wont give out sink info but they use same info as E30 according to my searching so far.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

jefferskn

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Thanks for the info, do you happen to have an S30 working AVI profile that will also play the correct aspect ratio? I was thrilled to finally get a profile to work that played AVI's but if I can tweak it to play 16:9 I would be extremely happy. So far though I am very impressed with serviio. I tried mezzmo trial and it was not very good and my video stuttered alot and could only play a couple MP4's I had and no AVI's. The developers did a great job with serviio. Especially the fact that it can be tweaked for different applications.

Cerberus wrote:X30 is same as S30 and wont give out sink info but they use same info as E30 according to my searching so far.
<<

pg48195

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:34 pm

I just bought a Panasonic TC-P60S30. I've been able to get Serviio working successfully, but have the same issue as the previous poster. Most items play at 4:3, is there a fix to set the proper aspect?
Great software by the way, thank you.... it makes me wonder why these manufactures do not support more standard video types.
I own a WD TV Live Hub, which works great, that thing plays everything.... but would like to eliminate it and use the TV, I've got way to much equipment in that room and was looking to simplify. So far Serviio is the best option, and works as promised.... thanks again.
<<

dhoran73

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:51 pm

I also have a TC-P60S30, as was able, with some trial & error to get xvid to work (did you have to edit your profile? If so, could you post your new Vierra Profile?). I've noticed that most everything comes up as 4:3, but if you just push the aspect button on the TV remote (to aspect 1 or aspect 2) that it then displays 16:9 programs with the correct aspect ratio. Yes it's a little annoying (only a little...you get used to it) to have to push the aspect button each time, but it works. I've noticed that this only happens (at least for me) when I'm watching a file that required transcoding. I've since moved to using just m2ts container for use with Vierra...no transcoding, easy to remux 720p mkv's to m2ts's (with tsmuxer), and always comes up 16:9 (unlike xivd avi's which require transcoding).
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:17 am

This is the same aspect ratio issue than Sony devices:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2956
Illico
<<

RobJV

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:27 pm

I too have this TC-P50X3 tv and had to use the profile the user supplied - thanks! (The default viera profile does not work for this tv.) One question though - what lines do I need to add so that I can use that profile and have .MOV files transcoded?

(When I pick a profile to transcode everything, I can watch .MOV files but obviously that is taxing on the computer.)

If somebody could upload this profile and add the transcoding of .MOV files to it, that would be great!
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:45 pm

RobJV wrote:I too have this TC-P50X3 tv and had to use the profile the user supplied - thanks! (The default viera profile does not work for this tv.) One question though - what lines do I need to add so that I can use that profile and have .MOV files transcoded?

(When I pick a profile to transcode everything, I can watch .MOV files but obviously that is taxing on the computer.)

If somebody could upload this profile and add the transcoding of .MOV files to it, that would be great!

Code:
    <Profile id="24" name="Panasonic Viera 2011 Without AVI Support" extendsProfileId="1">
        <ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.PacketVideoDLNAMessageBuilder</ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>
        <Transcoding>
      <!-- Transcode h264 videos with profile level > 4.1 to mpegts with ac3 audio -->
      <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" >
         <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
         <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
         <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
         <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
      </Video>
           <!-- remux VORBIS/FLAC/LPCM in MKV/MP4 to AC3 -->
           <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" >
              <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="flac" />
              <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="vorbis" />
              <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="truehd" />
              <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" aCodec="lpcm"/>
              <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" aCodec="aac"/>
              <Matches container="3gp" vCodec="h264" />
           </Video>
           <!-- Remux MPEG-TS with no transcoding -->
              <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="mpeg2video"/>
           </Video>
           <!-- Remux WTV files to MPEG-PS with no transcoding-->
           <Video targetContainer="mpeg">
              <Matches container="wtv" />
           </Video>
           <!-- unsupported codecs will be transcoded into mpeg-ts, mpeg2 video and ac3 audio -->
              <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="mjpeg" />
              <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="mpeg4" />
              <Matches container="mpeg" vCodec="mpeg1video" />
              <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="mpeg4" />
              <Matches container="3gp" />
           </Video>
           <!-- unsupported audio will be transcoded into lpcm audio -->
           <Audio targetContainer="lpcm">
              <Matches container="adts" />
           </Audio>
        </Transcoding>     
    </Profile>
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

RobJV

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:01 pm

Thanks for the quick response - I will try it later today. Also, is there a way to find out what video formats the tv natively supports?
<<

RobJV

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Sorry - just found some methods on your site for delving into my tv further.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:36 pm

RobJV wrote:Thanks for the quick response - I will try it later today. Also, is there a way to find out what video formats the tv natively supports?

you dont need to we have done that for u.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

RobJV

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:34 am

Thanks - Now mov files work. On some of my HD mov files I may have to pause them and then run them as they sometimes stutter. Often after pausing and rerunning everything is fixed - anyways I am happy that they will play as Canon insists on using mov files. :(
<<

tonydif

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:06 am

Serviio working on the Panasonic tc-p50x3 perfectly from 2 computers with the attached profiles.xml file. Following is the edit to profiles.xml that i made to my original file that would not work I added the following code via notepad to the bottom of my profiles.xml file and it worked. I read all the forum posts on vieras and serviio and can conclude that 2 important steps are never mentioned.

!)Make sure the last bit of code is </Profiles> . Only after this was input did it work. Nowhere was it mentioned in any other posts. My guess is it tells serviio to stop looking for other devices.

2) Forget the "start serviio" after editing .xml file that all posters keep mentioning. Doesnt work...get serviio errors like everyone is complaining about. On 2 computers the edited code only worked if i rebooted PC...serviio worked automatically on startup both times...server console already pointed to the TCP503x profile.

Do not forget to change the profile ID to whatever the next one would be in you original .xml file. For me, Sony Bravia was at 21, so i entered "22" for my next device.

(HERE is edit made to end of .xml file) and the complete file which i cut/paste across all my machines is attached.

<Profile id="22" name="Panasonic Viera Plasma TCP50X3" extendsProfileId="1">
<Detection>
<HttpHeaders>
<User-Agent>Panasonic MIL DLNA CP UPnP/1.*</User-Agent>
</HttpHeaders>
</Detection>
<Transcoding>
<!-- remux DTS in MKV to AC3 -->
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3">
<Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="dca" />
</Video>
<!-- Remux all h264 video to MPEG-TS stream -->
<Matches container="avi" vCodec="h264" />
<Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" />
</Video>
<Matches container="avi" vCodec="mpeg4" aCodec="lpcm" />
</Video>
<!-- Transcode all other formats not supported -->
</Video>

<Audio targetContainer="mp3">
<Matches container="mp4" />
</Audio>
</Transcoding>
</Profile>

</Profiles>
Attachments
profiles.xml
(59.71 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
<<

PMI

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:50 pm

tonydif wrote:Serviio working on the Panasonic tc-p50x3 perfectly from 2 computers with the attached profiles.xml file. Following is the edit to profiles.xml that i made to my original file that would not work I added the following code via notepad to the bottom of my profiles.xml file and it worked. I read all the forum posts on vieras and serviio and can conclude that 2 important steps are never mentioned.

That is good work, but I wonder if you looked at the thread at the top of this forum and the two profiles Cerberus posted there?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5119

If you did, can you please post which one of the two profiles you tested, and what file did not work? If you do that, the work that you did can more easily be incorporated into the next release of the profiles.xml file.

If you did not, can you please test the profile which is appropriate for your set (with or w/o AVI support? (so others that come after you don't have to go through the same work of finding out what is missing... ;) )

Thanks,
Peter
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Panasonic Viera TC-L32E3 LCD | Panasonic DMP-BDT210 | Windows 7 |
PreviousNext

Return to Panasonic