FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Issues with P42V20B

<<

KeifOS

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Issues with P42V20B

As suggested by Cerberus I have started a new thread.

The main issue I am getting is with MKV files. My set does not support them in any way, and as far as I can the MKV support was only added to the VT20 and newer sets which came out after the V20.

The standard Panasonic Viera profile so far has worked the best. Using the profile that Cerberus has posted results in "File not supported" for any MKV files I have tried. The standard profile allows my set to play them, but any letterboxing is lost and stretches the picture to full screen and renders the aspect change button on the remote useless.

Files that are in the correct aspect ratio that fill a 16:9 screen play fine, such as any live streams, 4OD, and youtube.

Most attempts I have had to convert from mkv to divx end up with the soundtrack going out of sync in varying levels of drama. Converting from MKV to MPEG_TS I don't think is a viable option unless there is some way to inject the black bars into video. I have seen a perl script that maybe can do this, but it's not an ideal solution, so just wondered if anyone has any better ideas...
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:50 pm

Re: Issues with P42V20B

ok if mkv is not supported at all that can easily be fixed in my profile with a simple change.

find this line in the profile.

Code:
<Matches container="matroska" vCodec="mpeg4" />

and change to

Code:
<Matches container="matroska" />

you can also remove all other Matroska line from the profile as they are not needed anymore.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

KeifOS

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:31 am

Re: Issues with P42V20B

Still had a problem I'm afraid as it was trying to transcode mkv to mpeg2viedo.

Given up on trying to pad the video with black bars as it seems my nas doesn't have enough juice in it. It could transcode HD divx to TS, but reencoding x264 with black bars was too much for it. Will just do it manually for the few mkv files I have.

I know it's not really a serviio question, but is there an easy way to get subtitles hardcoded and black bars added at the same time? I got ffmpeg and mencoder to pad without problem, and mencoder which is supposed to add subtitles I'm having issue with.

Return to Panasonic