FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I can view only images on Win XP

<<

cmussoni

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:23 pm

I can view only images on Win XP

Hello to all,
I have a Panasonic Viera Smart TV. I want to read the video on a PC with Windows XP installed. Unfortunately I can only see images on television and no video, even if they are in the same shared folder. What could be the problem?
Many thanks to all.
Bye.
Claudio
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:20 am

Re: I can view only images on Win XP

Check the basics first:
  • In Serviio console, Library tab, check that you have ticked "Share video files" against the relevant shared folder(s) - press Save after making any changes;
  • On the TV, are you selecting Viera Tools, Media Server, Serviio, Video, Folders (and then navigating to the folder containing your video)?
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

cmussoni

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:44 am

Hello DenyAll,
everything that you wrote is checked and it's ok.
I tried to Share folders in different positions on the pc but the result is always to see only images and no videos (located in the same folder).
The Viera Path in which I see the pictures and no videos is: apps-> Media Server-> Serviio (PC-XP) -> Image-> Folders-> Audio or Image or Video.
I also discovered that I can not see images in:
apps-> Media Server-> Serviio (PC-XP) -> Video-> Folders-> Audio or Image or Video.
and in
apps-> Media Server-> Serviio (PC-XP) -> Sound-> Folders-> Audio or Image or Video.

Obviously I added these tracks in: Serviio-> Library-> Shared Folders.

Have you any other suggestions ?
Thank' s a lot.
Claudio
<<

cmussoni

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 am

... Panasonic Viera TX-L32E6E...
Bye
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:13 pm

In the TV menu, you will only see:
  • pictures: in the Media Server-> Serviio (PC-XP) -> Images -> ... area. Seeing images here, but not anywhere else is what is meant to happen. You will not see video or music in this area - so this part is working properly.
  • video: in the Media Server-> Serviio (PC-XP) -> Video -> ... area. So, not seeing images here is expected... but you should see your video.
  • music: in the Media Server-> Serviio (PC-XP) -> Sound -> ... area. So, not seeing images here is expected... but you should see your music.
What renderer profile are you using (Serviio Console, Status tab) and what type of video file are we dealing with?
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

cmussoni

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:17 am

In the TV menu, you will only see:
pictures: in the Media Server-> Serviio (PC-XP) -> Images -> ... area. Seeing images here, but not anywhere else is what is meant to happen. You will not see video or music in this area - so this part is working properly.
Ok, I' m understanding something more...

music: in the Media Server-> Serviio (PC-XP) -> Sound -> ... area. So, not seeing images here is expected... but you should see your music.
Ooops...sorry, I see the music and reproduce well on TV

video: in the Media Server-> Serviio (PC-XP) -> Video -> ... area. So, not seeing images here is expected... but you should see your video.
What renderer profile are you using (Serviio Console, Status tab) and what type of video file are we dealing with?
Serviio Console: 1.3.1 (what' s Status Tab ?)
I have AVI(XVID), MKV, MP4 videos...seem completely absent on TV (C:\documents & settings\All users\Shared Folders\Shared Music, Shared Video, Shared Sound)
:? :? :?
<<

cmussoni

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:36 am

Some 3 screenshots...
Attachments
Delivery.JPG
Delivery.JPG (55.52 KiB) Viewed 8107 times
Metadata.JPG
Metadata.JPG (59.75 KiB) Viewed 8107 times
Remote.JPG
Remote.JPG (48.6 KiB) Viewed 8107 times
<<

cmussoni

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:38 am

Other 2 screenshots...
Bye
Claudio
Attachments
Status.JPG
Status.JPG (64.14 KiB) Viewed 8107 times
Library.JPG
Library.JPG (64.06 KiB) Viewed 8107 times
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:45 am

Serviio Console: 1.3.1 (what' s Status Tab ?)
In your last post above, top picture shows the Status tab in Serviio Console.

On this tab, you need to assign a profile to your Panasonic Viera TV - click on the Profile column in the Panasonic Viera row (it currently reads "Generic DLNA Profile") and select a Panasonic profile from the drop down list - try the Panasonic Viera G/GT/DT/UT/VT (2011/2012) profile first. If you have troubles playing AVI files, try the alternative Panasonic Viera E/S/ST/VT (2011) profile. Remember to press Save after changing profiles.
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

cmussoni

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Hello,
I did everything you said and more that I came to mind, but the situation remained the same, only images and music but no video ...
Then I' ve uninstalled Serviio and tried to share files with Windows Media Player:
the result was even worse. At this point I suppose it's the PC to have problems, maybe Windows is not installed properly, it lacks some Windows service to share video files, or something else ... I do not know.
However, many thanks for your help and patience.
Bye
Claudio

Return to Panasonic