FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Setting up Serviio on my Synology DS110J NAS

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Re: Setting up Serviio on my Synology DS110J NAS

It's weird as we're telling the JVM to have max heap memory 384MB (-Xmx384M). Maybe there are some other memory tuning options for this particular JVM.
<<

mbnu99

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm experiencing a similar issue with my Synology DS211 it appears when serviio is running java takes up 53% of the available 256mb memory, is this to be expected?

When library is refreshing it completely trashes the system from a CPU perspective and takes memory to 80% used, it's impossible to stream anything then. . . I've been unable to change the 5 minutes interval to anything else as when I change to, say, 240 minutes and click save the page eventually just comes up with the white cross in the big red circle. . . a nice feature to have would be to only update the library during user selectable hours. . . overnight would be good :D
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:02 am

I'm experiencing a similar issue with my Synology DS211 it appears when serviio is running java takes up 53% of the available 256mb memory, is this to be expected?

Read minimal spec on the web page. It can go up to 380MB, depending if you have some large images in the library.

I've been unable to change the 5 minutes interval to anything else as when I change to, say, 240 minutes and click save the page eventually just comes up with the white cross in the big red circle. . .

99 minutes is the maximum I think

a nice feature to have would be to only update the library during user selectable hours. . . overnight would be good :D

For now you can set up a cron job with a curl command to the REST API. Search the forum (third-party tools integration)
Previous

Return to NAS installation