FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Freenas 9.2 - Serviio not displaying content

<<

bickleigh

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Freenas 9.2 - Serviio not displaying content

After trawling though yards and yards of posts I have reached the point where I need to ask questions, so apologies if this has been answered. Here is the scenario:

Have been running Serviio for a couple of years now on a Microsoft server and it has been stable and trouble free all this time. It was easy to install, setup and configure.... that's it! job done. Have enjoyed many a film and, I have to say, Serviio has probably the best trans-coder of them all.

Recently I have have 'upgraded' my media server to a NAS server only because everyone keeps talking about how good ZFS is in terms of data reliability. The server is running Freenas 9.2 and I have installed Serviio 1.3.1 in it's own jail. Serviio appears to be running fine. I can connect to it via a remote console on my laptop and I can even connect via the media browser. But when I input the path to my media there is no content displayed. Sound familiar? It seems a lot of people have had this problem, but in all the posts there did not seem to be a definitive answer. There was talk about possible problems with java or one was talking a about the server domain name having to end in .com? huh? but no real clues as to why Serviio, which by all accounts is up and running, but just doesn't want to display content.

So my questions are:- Where does Serviio store the path names it uses to search for content. I want to check that the path names I input via the console are being written to Serviio. The fact that I can see the folders from my TV would suggest that they are, but I don't understand why the test media files I have in the folder can not be displayed.

Also when you input the path name into the console do you need to put full name i.e /mnt/homenas/media. The jail has a media directory which is symlinked to /mnt/homenas/media. I have tried both and neither have worked. This is Freenas specific. Anyone who has Freenas experience might be able to shed some light on this.

Some pointers would be really be appreciated

Many thanks in advance.

Bick
...if it ain't broke don't fix it!
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Freenas 9.2 - Serviio not displaying content

The first thing that I would check is which version of ffmpeg do you have installed and has Serviio found it (look at the log just as Serviio starts up)
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

bickleigh

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:24 pm

Checked the log and sure enough it can not find ffmpeg or dcraw. However both of these have been installed. FFmpeg is v2.1.1 not sure about dcraw.

Here's the log output:

Code:
2014-01-26 22:15:02,053 ERROR [MediaServer] FFMPEG not found. Serviio will not work properly.
2014-01-26 22:15:02,577 ERROR [ProcessExecutor] Fatal error in process starting: Cannot run program "dcraw": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "dcraw": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
   at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:488)
   at org.serviio.external.ProcessExecutor.run(ProcessExecutor.java:135)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
   at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:164)
   at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:81)
   at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:470)
   ... 1 more

Where is Serviio expecting to find these apps?

thanks

Bick
<<

bickleigh

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:59 pm

Just as some additional information:

From the startup shell (serviiod):
  Code:
JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dderby.system.home=/var/db/serviio -Dserviio.home=$SERVIIO_HOME -Dffmpeg.location=/usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/bin/ffmpeg1"

This is the permissions on the ffmpeg1 file:

Code:
root@dlnaserviio:/usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/bin # ls -l ffmpeg1                                                                         
-rwxr-xrwx  1 root  wheel  179704 Sep  9 02:42 ffmpeg1                                                                             

Also as an aside I am running serviio with root as the user until we can get everything working.
<<

bickleigh

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:45 pm

Problem has been solved.

I couldn't figure out how Serviio was using its own ffmpeg1 file and why it could not find the support libs, so I built ffmpeg from scratch with the requisite features for Serviio enabled and modified serviiod to point to it.

So I now have Serviio 1.3.1 running on Freenas 9.2 using ffmpeg 2.1.1. Next I guess, is to get ver1.4 up and running but I am going to leave that for another day.

I will test this configuration over the next few days and post if there are any problems but preliminary tests show it to be working as expected.

Thanks for your help. The response has been overwhelming.... ;)

Cheers
Bick
<<

Dvalin21

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:51 pm

Hello bick. Im running freenas as well. I want to use serviio on mine but dont have the skills like urself to get it up and going. Especially when say u built ur own ffmpeg? Incredible

Sent from my MyPhone Agua Iceberg using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
<<

laspo

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:45 pm

Same here! I building my NAS with FreeNAS 9.2 but have no idea how to get Serviio working. Some explanation would be great!
<<

SIL305

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:15 am

Hi - same challenge since months I am trying to understand how to install Serviio on FreeNAS 9.2 . All was running fine with the old serviio version. But now I can see media on Samsung TV anymore.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,
SIL
<<

RichRMG

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:55 pm

prob not the right area to post but.... is there work on a plugin- for freenas as i would love to get servioo running on my nas box but looking at the command line and extras need to get working seems daunting. and since there is a plug in for plex media server it shouldn't be that hard for a make the plug in. just wondering if its in development or is in undo-able for some reason???
<<

phn2

Serviio lover

Post Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:56 pm

Any news here?

Sendt fra min D5803 med Tapatalk

Return to NAS installation