FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Console OSX - info.plist issue - NAS?

<<

liftbikeramen

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:26 am

Console OSX - info.plist issue - NAS?

Hello,

I once had serviio and console installed and working. I restored my NAS and now...

Serviio says it is running on my NAS. It also shows up on my Blu-ray box.

I downloaded and installed the console only.

When I try to launch console after modifying the info. file, nothing happens. I have my OS to allow apps from anyone. So I thought maybe I was placing the modified information in the wrong area so I tried moving it to a couple of locations, it will then launch but it says it cannot connect and then shut down.

Either I am missing something or... during this time I also updated my OS to Yosemite.

I have search this forum and I can find nothing, which means I am missing something but I have traced my steps many time and cannot figure it out.

I am hoping someone know the answer to something that was so simple to do the first time around. Thanks!!
<<

widen76

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:40 pm

Re: Console OSX - info.plist issue - NAS?

This is for the 1.5.2 version. The instructions for the syntax in the info.plist is incorrect on the download page. Here's the correct syntax for the .plist file, its not a <key> variable but a <string>. Add it inside the <array> below the JVMOptions key, like this (where x.x.x.x is the NAS IP):

<key>JVMOptions</key>
<array>
<string>-Dserviio.remoteHost=x.x.x.x</string>
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:55 pm

Re: Console OSX - info.plist issue - NAS?

I've corrected that wording now. Wordpress had also absorbed the XML tags off my example which made it more confusing.
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!

Return to NAS installation