FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Should we wait for update Serviio 1.5 for Synology NAS?

<<

drSHLEFF

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:00 am

Should we wait for update Serviio 1.5 for Synology NAS?

Hello! I would like to know, when will the update Serviio to version 1.5 for Sinology NAS? :?
<<

SavvySav

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:35 am

Re: Should we wait for update Serviio 1.5 for Synology NAS?

I'd like to know this too, here's why with some useful tips for novices having problems installing Serviio on Synology devices.

I used to have a Synology DS414 (Marvell ARM chip) running Serviio 1.4.1.2 originally installed from the DSM's Package Center's Community area, after adding the pcloadletter location to its Package Sources under the Package Center Settings; with the only problems being the occasional DSM upgrades breaking the Java and remembering what I had to do to fix it each time.

That NAS suffered a common fault with that model such that after 6 months of good operation it rendered itself useless with the "DS414 Continuous beeps-Configuration-Lost - Amber Led blinks" fault, as per the Synology Users Forum at: http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic ... &start=300. I was their 142nd or so case reporting of this issue, but I did manage to get the unit replaced under warranty.

I upgraded the new warranty replacement to the DS415+ (Intel Atom avoton), and my first hurdle was that Serviio was now not found in the list of Community Packages available for install, but I was able to install the EJRE8. What I never found in other threads, is that you can install Serviio 1.4.1.2 if its not listed in your available packages, by using the Manual Install feature in the Package Center, and pointing the Upload to the serviio1.4.1.2-merged-0026.spk file, after adding the "avoton" chip descriptor to the INFO file inside the archive.

i.e. There is no need to extract and repack the archive if you use 7Zip, as per the instruction in this thread: viewtopic.php?p=96187#p96187

So my first question is whether anybody knows the syntax to add a Package Source Location in the DSM Package Center that will recognise packages in the Synology's own local "public" folder - DSM System default shared folder?

You may have guessed it, but this Serviio install won't Run, because I'd loaded the EJRE8 which I thought was worth a try, since there didn't seem to be anything definitive in the forums about this Serviio version still needing EJRE6 or EJRE7.

Then I discovered Serviio 1.5 is just released, that apparently requires the EJRE8 anyway, so now I'm wondering if there is a way to construct a serviio1.5-merged-0026.spk file to allow a manual install, or whether a pre-prepared installation file will likely be forthcoming in the next week or so?

If neither of these is likely, I suppose I will uninstall the EJRE8, and try one of the ealier EJRE versions to get the Serviio 1.4.1.2 working properley?

Can anyone advise me on any of the above?
Thanks,
Sony BDP S470 DVR, Epson TW-700 Projector, Synology DS415+ NAS
<<

Askon

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:47 pm

this subject remained without attention? :roll:
now waiting update 1.5.1 for Synology NAS???
Last edited by Askon on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

drSHLEFF

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:14 am

Month has passed and still silence ...
Lovely developers, if you sell licenses for your wonderful product, we expect that the product will be maintained and updated. And it turns out that all owners of Synology NAS simply ignore... It's a shame.
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:49 pm

The wait is nearly over.
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

drSHLEFF

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Thanks, Petr!
The new version (1.5.2--0027) works fine on my Synology NAS DS713 +. It installed without any problems. I noticed two slight bugs that was not there before:
1. :!: Sometimes, after a pause, playback begins with the fact that the picture is falling squares and artifacts. Artifacts disappear only after the change of scenes of the movie. This applies to all movies in HD. In previous versions of this effect was not.
2. :!: Sometimes, after a pause the movie begins to play and after a few seconds the leap forward for a few seconds (as if pressing the "Right" button on the TV).
TV: Samsung H-Series.

PS: Many thanks for the "Automatically update library" without scanning !!! This is the best change. :D

Return to NAS installation