FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio server on Synology DS415play

<<

Beleriond

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 22, 2015 12:35 pm

Serviio server on Synology DS415play

Hi everyone,

Since I want to use my NAS to stream content to my TV, I tried installing Servo on my synology NAS DS415play. According to the package center's information, the server is up and running just fine.

The problem I seem to have is the following. When I try to open the media browser through package center > serviio > http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:23424/mediabrowser/#/login, i get the login screen for the media browser. Since I've not been able to set a password anywhere, I cannot log in one way or the other.

Obviously, I also installed the Serviio Console for Synology NAS. According to my package center, this is also running fine. The snag I'm running into here is that when I click "Serviio web ui" from within the main menu, I get a screen that says: "sorry, this page cannot be found".

In addition to the above, I seem to be unable to get any console running and connected to the serviio server running on my NAS. I've tried the windows console, edited serviioconsole.exe.vmoptions and inserted the -Dserviio.removeHost=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx line. Unfortunately, on my windows desktop, the console then won't even run at all (even when I try running it as admin). I then proceeded to try the same on my macbook, editing the info.plist file. I there run into the problem that the Properties section doesn't even exist in my info.plist file (God knows why). Simply adding the required lines into the file, however, breaks the serviio console app and I have to reinstall the lot. Btw, without adding the required lines to info.plist, I can get the console to run, it even lists my NAS in the Status > Renderer profile tab. Obviously, since the server is running locally on my macbook rather than remotely, I cannot configure anything on the NAS.

Any help or insights that you can provide would be most appreciated.
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:24 am

Re: Serviio server on Synology DS415play

It's not removeHost, it's remoteHost.
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!

Return to NAS installation