FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Due to Lack of Support for NAS Devices Goodbye

<<

mysteray

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:13 am

Due to Lack of Support for NAS Devices Goodbye

A long time user of Serviio is saying goodbye. I have decided against Serviio now, as there is no proper support for NAS devices. Everything that we get here is up to the community. It's a pitty, as I really liked Serviio. If you ever do properly support NAS devices, I will be the first to jump back on board. Till then, see 'ya.

Serviio running on Synology Diskstation 5.2
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: Due to Lack of Support for NAS Devices Goodbye

Standby to get back on board. Serviio 1.5.2 for Synology is imminent. For background on why this took so long, and what goes into maintaining a NAS package of Serviio have a look at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=16921&start=40#p104913

Zip has enough work creating and maintaining Serviio, the console, the MediaBrowser, the documentation, the website, the issue tracker, and the forum to create and support various ports of his software. Plex for instance is created by a whole team of people, and even they only make an Intel only Synology package. Serviio supports 6 different CPU architectures on Synology - that's practically 6x the amount of work right there.
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!

Return to NAS installation