FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Exclude SYNOPHOTO_THUMB.jpg

<<

heuby

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:25 pm

Exclude SYNOPHOTO_THUMB.jpg

The new version of Serviio works really great on a Synology-Nas. Thank you very much.

At the moment I have only found a small issue. Have someone an idea how I can exclude the synology thumfiles like SYNOPHOTO_THUMB to add to the catalog?
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:23 pm

Re: Exclude SYNOPHOTO_THUMB.jpg

I think this is one for Zip to answer. Since all platforms will have their own specific exclusions - should this be something that's defined in profiles.xml perhaps?
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:09 am

.. or as a System property as a comma separated list perhaps: eg. serviio.libraryExclude = "SYNOPHOTO_THUMB.*, *.thb, *\.picasaoriginals\*.*"
Note the last one would exclude the whole folder and subfolders.

Would also address:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19183&p=101592 and
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18442&p=98823 and
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21271

In the interim:

• If all of these files live in the same folder you can stop it being added by adding an empty file (empty text file should do it) called .nomedia to the folder. Version 1.5+ required. See https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... -directory.
  • The only other thing I can think of is to hide all of these files and then ensure the "Include hidden files" is not ticked on the Library, Shared Folders section of Serviio Console.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

heuby

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Thank you for the hint but "-Dserviio.libraryExclude = "SYNOPHOTO_THUMB.*"" doesn't seems to work. I think the property doesn't exists.
SYNOPHOTO seems to be files generated by the box. I think I can't disable it.

If someone have another idea, I'm open to test it :D

best regards
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:17 pm

heuby wrote:Thank you for the hint but "-Dserviio.libraryExclude = "SYNOPHOTO_THUMB.*"" doesn't seems to work. I think the property doesn't exists.
:lol: No, it doesn't exist - t'was a suggestion for a potential future development. Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I'll raise a bit bucket for it and zip can work through whether he wants to pursue it and the priority. I'm not aware of any other way of doing it in the current release.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:20 am

Already a bitbucket request in the system: https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... -filtering. Have added the above as a suggestion.
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

heuby

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:38 am

Step back. The case to add a file .nomedia seems to work.

But I have a small issue with it:
If the content of a folder is already added to the library and then you add the file to the folder, the content will not removed from the library.

My workaround is to remove the whole path from the library and re-add it. time expansive, but works.

Return to NAS installation