FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Qnap 1.6 Serviio support

<<

hybrid

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:12 pm

Re: Qnap 1.6 Serviio support

Its not... but how great will it be be to have it in the app store and get it updated almost automatically... :)
TVS-871 using Serviio/Mediabrowser (1.5Rev1) on IPad, Iphone, Android Phone , Samsung TV's , OTT MXQ M10 TV Box, PS4 and Xbox.
<<

npetike1

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:00 am

But right now the serviio app is unavailable via qnap app store... And it looks like they didn't want to make available via the store... :(
<<

hybrid

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:09 am

They will , its a matter of testing it and then adding it to the store once it has passed the tests.
A bit like Apple store.. apps gets tested to conform to standards and making sure it doesn't break something in their own system.
Well just have to bear with it as the result will be way better than Synology's way of doing it. Just my opinion.
TVS-871 using Serviio/Mediabrowser (1.5Rev1) on IPad, Iphone, Android Phone , Samsung TV's , OTT MXQ M10 TV Box, PS4 and Xbox.
<<

npetike1

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:56 am

hybrid wrote:They will , its a matter of testing it and then adding it to the store once it has passed the tests.
A bit like Apple store.. apps gets tested to conform to standards and making sure it doesn't break something in their own system.
Well just have to bear with it as the result will be way better than Synology's way of doing it. Just my opinion.

I totally agree with this... But right now, i don't have a working serviio on my nas(qts 4.2)... :( :(
<<

hybrid

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:11 pm

Im no expert on Serviio, but have had my share of struggles getting serviio up and running.
Maybe someone can help you with fixing your setup/issues... , just incase the Qnap serviio store 1.6.1 dont fix your issues. (I'm not saying it won't)
<<

mey-zing

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:03 am

hybrid wrote:They will , its a matter of testing it and then adding it to the store once it has passed the tests.

I get that, but many of us already have a non official package installed with a previous version. We will have to remove it and install the new one once it is released. What is the problem with having a 1.6.1 unofficial package and then changing it once it gets officially released? At the end of the day, we'll have to do exactly the same thing once it is released, but at least we can get a WORKING version now... because many of us have a broken version and don't have any alternative... we wouldn't be insisting if everything was ok...
<<

hybrid

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:07 am

I hope you aren't correct with us having to uninstall before we can install official version.
I was hoping for a pure upgrade from the installed version.. maybe Zip can answer this one.
<<

npetike1

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:08 pm

mey-zing wrote:

I get that, but many of us already have a non official package installed with a previous version. We will have to remove it and install the new one once it is released. What is the problem with having a 1.6.1 unofficial package and then changing it once it gets officially released? At the end of the day, we'll have to do exactly the same thing once it is released, but at least we can get a WORKING version now... because many of us have a broken version and don't have any alternative... we wouldn't be insisting if everything was ok...

You have right Mey-zing, totally agree with you.

Can we get an Access to the "non official" 1.6.1 QPKG version? Or this install method go against the QNAP App store terms?
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:46 pm

i was going to release an unnoficial package for qnap like ive been doing past few year but thought 1.6.1 will be out soon

Im still running on the old 1.5 found here- viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5324#p38027
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

npetike1

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:01 am

Xmantium wrote:i was going to release an unnoficial package for qnap like ive been doing past few year but thought 1.6.1 will be out soon

Yes i know it, I've tried it, but failed to do the apache log part....

If You could upload the unofficial qpkg 1.6.1 version, i would be very grateful. :)
<<

hybrid

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:54 am

I think it would be counter productive to get this version as well as it will be 2 different versions that will be floating around.
We have to be patient and wait for the Official release. That way forward it will be a lot easier. I'm also on 1.5 and its working great.

I'm no expert, but don't think the official or non official version will fix Apache?
I am a Beta user/tester for Qnap's new firmware and some of the beta versions broke Apache. but was fixed soon afterwards.

Maybe someone can try and help you to fix the Apache issues? (Maybe don't put all your hopes in the New version fixing the problem) :)
<<

mey-zing

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:19 pm

Xmantium wrote:i was going to release an unnoficial package for qnap like ive been doing past few year but thought 1.6.1 will be out soon

How much work does this require? I think we'll have to wait a long time before they release it, as always...
<<

discomonkey

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:02 am

Serviio 1.6.1 package via the QNAP store just arrived
<<

hybrid

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:45 pm

HI

I have a small issue. :)
I upgraded via Qnap Store.
Now I can't see anything in my series and movie folders. ( they were present in previous version)
I can however watch a series and/or episodes from my laptop/tv via folders.
Any idea on how to resolve this?
Thanks
Riaan
<<

rverhoeve

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:20 pm

I must say i am very pleased with Serviio 1.6.1 on my QNAP box (TS-212). runs great, the install was without fail (QPKG) and the web console is a great leap forward (No need to install the Windows console on another PC) . my thanks to all who i am sure worked so hard to make this function. :D
<<

akira666

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:49 am

finally........thank you so much!
<<

fsozab

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 09, 2016 12:25 am

What a great job Petr ! I am a Serviio fan for years and was waiting the Qnap serviio app for months.
Installed 1.6.1 version on my ts-253a and finally have my NAS streaming media , subtitles and posters on my tv's perfectly.

Haven't try transcoding yet since I have never needed it, but mpeg and mkv work great so far.

Will keep on testing other music and image formats.

Francisco
<<

Ekomax

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 09, 2016 6:13 pm

Hi i just used Serviio for the first time on my Qnap TS-251+ (Qnap App Store). It transcodes Makemky Blu-Ray Ripps better the Plex or Emby. Really i#m so happy - but there is one Problem. Transcoding, the ffmpeg process, doesn't stop when i stop the Movie on Mediaplayer - or media player on the iPhone - and quitt it. i don't use a Dlna client just the Mediaplayer url. The ffmpeg process keeps running and the CPU Load stays high. Around 85-80 % by a MKV HD 1080p movie. I think there must be something wrong by quitting the movie/streaming. i activated the transcoding options and assigned all 4 cores.

Please fix this, or am i doing something wrong - Transcoding works so well and i would buy your app in an instance.

Latest official firmware 4.2.1, CodexPack 4.1.2, Qnap Appstore Servo App

best regards
Ekomax

Sorry for my bad english
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon May 16, 2016 1:38 pm

It will finish the trasncode job or stop it if a new transcode is needed. It's design choice which has been discussed many times before.
<<

Ekomax

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 17, 2016 8:48 am

Thx. Already bought the pro App. Transcoding is amazing.

I have one question please. I use the MediaBrowser with my iPhone/iPad over internet. Away settings low.
I cant get embrdded subtitels to play with BluRay MakeMkv Ripps. Normaly i select the forced subs in other Apps.
If i activate everything acceppt Burn in then no subs appear. If i activate burn in aswell the BluRay doesnt start.
This is only with BlueRay ripps. Not DVD ripps with MakeMkv.
For the subs i put in ger, Ger, German, de, Deutsch because i'm from Austria.

I use Qnap TS-251+, latest QTS4.2.1, Serviio 1.6.1 from the Qnap Appstore.
Would be greatfull for helb

Wonderfull App so far
Best regards
Ekomax
PreviousNext

Return to NAS installation