FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Library not updating on Synology NAS

<<

elviselvis

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:26 pm

Library not updating on Synology NAS

I have Serviio 1.5.2 installed on Synology NAS.
Everything is ok, except that Serviio doesn't automatically update newly added files. Auto refresh is on.
At the moment I need to manually refresh library every time when new file is added.
Is there a fix for this?
<<

elviselvis

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:14 pm

Re: Library not updating on Synology NAS

P.S. Upgraded to Serviio 1.6, the problem is still there. :(
I have Synology DS115.
<<

elviselvis

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:58 pm

Somehow it started refreshing library and the issue is gone now. If anyone has the same problem, here is what I did.
1) My shared folder was set to symlink ~/Videos, instead I changed it now to full path /volume1/homes/transmission/downloads
2) Set up auto indexer script synology-mediamon for my nas, found on github https://github.com/carljm/synology-mediamon
Don't know which of the methods fixed my issue, but as long as it works, don't care :)
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:41 pm

From what I've read before that Mediamon auto-indexer is a tool to force the Synology's own media indexer to re-scan files that have changed. It's needed for instance if you use Audio Station or Video Station, re-tag existing audio files, or download content with an application other than one of the Synology ones. You can probably remove it if none of these apply to you. Perhaps your issue was caused by the symlinked library path.
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

Geth

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 08, 2016 4:06 pm

Though I have a QNAP NAS, I've just discovered something related to this.

I had a media folder set up in Serviio which was a symlinked one.
If a new media file was created/deleted somewhere deeper in the folder hierarchy, Serviio was notified about the change.
If the change was in the root of the symlinked media folder, Serviio wasn't notified, force refresh was needed.
This duality caused that it was hard to pinpoint the root (hehe) of the problem.
Anyway, changing to full path solved the not working part (no more force refresh).
<<

nauete

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:22 pm

Geth wrote:Though I have a QNAP NAS, I've just discovered something related to this.

I had a media folder set up in Serviio which was a symlinked one.
If a new media file was created/deleted somewhere deeper in the folder hierarchy, Serviio was notified about the change.
If the change was in the root of the symlinked media folder, Serviio wasn't notified, force refresh was needed.
This duality caused that it was hard to pinpoint the root (hehe) of the problem.
Anyway, changing to full path solved the not working part (no more force refresh).

Hi m
I have a qnap and have the same problem.

My library is-> /share/download , /share/movies, etc..

Can't find any other path to get there..

Return to NAS installation