FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Installing Serviio on Synology DS1511+

<<

Apil

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:15 am

Installing Serviio on Synology DS1511+

Dear Friends.
Im trying to follow Patters guide (http://pcloadletter.co.uk/2011/02/07/se ... -arm-cpu/=
I will start to say that im a linux noob, but im trying my best.
I am having the same problem that i think maybe others have.
I have a DS1511+ (running DSM 3.1) and i think first time i tryed this guide i use the wrong bootstrap.
But i started over, and is using “syno-i686-bootstrap_1.2-7_i686.xsh” that should be for The Atom CPU

This is the picture im getting:
“Configuring zlib
An error ocurred, return value: 1.
Collected errors:
ERROR: The following packages conflict with wget-ssl:
wget
Nasse> ipkg remove wget
Removing package wget from root…
Successfully terminated.
Nasse> cp /usr/syno/bin/wget /opt/bin
Nasse> ipkg install wget-ssl
Installing wget-ssl (1.12-2) to root…
Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optwa ... 2_i686.ipk
file_move: ERROR: failed to rename /opt/ipkg-MY6fCj/wget-ssl_1.12-2_i686.ipk to /opt/ipkg-MY6fCj/wget-ssl_1.12-2_i686.ipk: No such file or directory
Nothing to be done
An error ocurred, return value: -1.
Collected errors:
Failed to download wget-ssl. Perhaps you need to run ‘ipkg update’?
Nasse>”

I have followed everything by the book, first using this guide from : http://forum.synology.com/wiki/index.ph ... ,_ipkg_etc, to get the bootstrap installed.
“Reboot your NAS.
Enable and then Login to the Command Line Interface as user “root”, password is the same as for admin.
Change to a directory such as “/volume1/@tmp”, i.e. enter the command “cd /volume1/@tmp”
Get the NAS to download the bootstrap, e.g. if you have an mv5281 ARM model enter the command “wget http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optwa ... -7_arm.xsh“, alternatively download the bootstrap to your PC and then copy it to a shared folder on the NAS
Now run the .xsh script, e.g. if you have an mv5281 ARM model and used the bootstrap above enter the command “sh syno-x07-bootstrap_1.2-7_arm.xsh”
After the script has finished you can delete the script file, e.g. for mv5281 ARM users using the bootstrap above enter the command “rm syno-x07-bootstrap_1.2-7_arm.xsh”
Reboot the NAS and login again to the Command Line Interface as user “root”
Update the ipkg list of available packages using the command “ipkg update”
Upgrade any ipkg installed packages to the latest versions using the command “ipkg upgrade” ”

Only change is i use the Bootstrap that should be for DS1511+

After this i go to the start of this guide, starting with doing
ipkg install optware-devel
then it galts as explained in the guide, then i remove the wget
ipkg remove wget, then use the cp command
cp /usr/syno/bin/wget /opt/bin
and then i get here after using this command
ipkg install wget-ssl

“Failed to download wget-ssl. Perhaps you need to run ‘ipkg update’?”

Im very stuck from here, and have been trying to redo it several times, used hours and hours hoping to get it to work, but now i must give up and home someone here can give me a hint :)

Thank you very much
Apil
<<

skinner6695

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Installing Serviio on Synology DS1511+

I ran into the exact same issue. I am also using a DS1511+ with the latest DSM 3.1-1613
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:23 pm

RUN - ipkg update wget-ssl

as its telling you u already have wget-ssl installed :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:54 pm

@Cerberus - please don't post about something you don't have direct experience with - it can be misleading. The 'ipkg update' command does not take arguments. It updates all installed packages, and unfortunately in cases such as these it doesn't help (despite the message).

@skinner6695 - Did you read the part directly below that in my guide which says:

Update – It seems that there is a serious problem with running ipkg on a clean install of DSM 3.1. This guide was written before it was released, and though I have since upgraded my Synology I haven’t encountered that issue, but there have been many comments about it. User mayk on the Synology forum seems to have the solution here. Use the extra wget verbosity switch to find out the exact package URL for the following two packages, then manually download them with wget and install:
  Code:
cd /volume1/@tmp
ipkg install -verbose_wget libidn
wget url1
ipkg install -verbose_wget wget-ssl
wget url2
ipkg install filename1
ipkg install filename2

Be sure to replace url1 and url2 with the actual links to the package files you get from the verbose output.
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

skinner6695

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Thank you. That fixed the issue.

Minor note. I had to go to my ipkg feed via a browser to get the latest versions and links since ipkg was out of date and couldnt be updated.

Return to NAS installation