Post Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:23 pm

Random music data

Hi team,

After several unsuccessful search in the forum, I finally open a new topic, sorry if it's not the right section (or if I miss the right thread :oops: )

I mainly use "random music" with last Serviio version installed on Synology NAS DS415play but I think I notice that it plays more or less the same 200 tracks (among music library > 8000 tracks).

All the tracks seems to be well indexed because I see the right number in Serviio console.

I launch random music at least once a day and for more than 6 months now so I think I've enough history regarding the random function :roll:

Then, I was wondering what kind of metadata or criteria were used to create the random list in order to check if something is wrong on my side.
I do not identify any difference between the track often played and the ones that have never been played, expected maybe the version of the tag (I use TagScanner software for that purpose).

Edit : Does it may depend on the client ? I use Onkyo home theater with generec DLNA profile.

I just try random album since today, so I cannot say if it's the same behaviour.
Edit : After one week test, it's seems that random album play the same album roughly at each session :shock:

Thanks for any feedback and for providing this brillant media center :)