FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can i get the Freecom 2TB Datatank WLAN drives (and One USB

<<

QfanatiQ

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:02 am

Can i get the Freecom 2TB Datatank WLAN drives (and One USB

Can i get the Freecom 2TB Datatank WLAN drives (and One USB drive) to work?

I bought a couple of these a while back. They are very underused, but since I have grabbed this application, i am keen to put these to use.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/networkin ... LAN-2TB/p1
http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Freecom_ ... ersion.asp

I had a quick look into these to learn these already run Twonky (pre installed). The strange this is, despite these having this application already installed to a tick box, you cannot connect them unless you can enter a password. The forums have already said, the set up i want is not possible with these drives, (TV sees them but cannot connect). Tried this originally a long time back through XboX360.

I know little about makeup/setup of these things. Am i able to change the configuration of these, install serviio and have no password.

Furthermore, the USB drive (also 2tb) needs software on whatever PC to see it.

Cheers……Q
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: Can i get the Freecom 2TB Datatank WLAN drives (and One

QfanatiQ wrote:Can i get the Freecom 2TB Datatank WLAN drives (and One USB drive) to work?

I bought a couple of these a while back. They are very underused, but since I have grabbed this application, i am keen to put these to use.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/networkin ... LAN-2TB/p1
http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Freecom_ ... ersion.asp

I had a quick look into these to learn these already run Twonky (pre installed). The strange this is, despite these having this application already installed to a tick box, you cannot connect them unless you can enter a password. The forums have already said, the set up i want is not possible with these drives, (TV sees them but cannot connect). Tried this originally a long time back through XboX360.

I know little about makeup/setup of these things. Am i able to change the configuration of these, install serviio and have no password.

Furthermore, the USB drive (also 2tb) needs software on whatever PC to see it.

Cheers……Q

sadly without one infront of me i couldnt tell you if it is possible sry. but can u FTP to the root directory of this nas? what OS is it running ?
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

QfanatiQ

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:49 pm

Am i allowed to post a link to the PDF manual on the site?

If i am, would you be kind enough to look over.

I will look up the FTP information, but i would not consider myself very knowledgeable on how these things work and are set up.

Cheers,
Q
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:12 pm

QfanatiQ wrote:Am i allowed to post a link to the PDF manual on the site?

If i am, would you be kind enough to look over.

I will look up the FTP information, but i would not consider myself very knowledgeable on how these things work and are set up.

Cheers,
Q

i wouldnt advise playing if you not confident as u can Brick the device if done wrong.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

QfanatiQ

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:39 pm

I know you can set these up to be an FTP server.

I cant imagine bricking it, I can just turn this feature of if i cannot get it to work.

My confusion is the fact these double up/can perform as so many things, but the whole log in issue. They have 1xWLAN plug and 4xLAN plugs in the back and have a wireless. By accident I managed to connect them to perform internet sharing. BUT you should still not see the data inside them, but plugged into them, you can route the internet.

I got one for a song, and one I think is struggling. I might risk a play in the basic settings at least with a few files on their. Worst case scenario I find out how much for Freecom to reset it.

About time, i tried something new outside my comfort zone.

Cheers,
Q
<<

QfanatiQ

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 17, 2011 6:08 pm

Yes doing this as if dailing into the HD is the way to go.

Due to the size there does seem to be an issue with one of the listing of content on one of the HD's and so far it is unstable. But i know this is me playing around with the set up.

Cheers for the suggestion.

Q

Return to NAS installation