Synology NAS & Serviio

<<

orangedog

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:04 am

Synology NAS & Serviio

O.P.
Hi all

I'm currently stumped and hoping someone can help.

I have a synology DS215j with an external hard drive full of media which I'd watch on my Samsung TV (2010 model so while semi smart- it's not a smart TV) via DLNA.

A few days ago it stopped working. I can still see the NAS on my TV, but when I click on video it says there is no content.

I can still see all my content via DS Video Station.

Frustrated with not being able to see my content I loaded Serviio on my NAS. I added the external drive as a shared folder in Serviio and it loaded my media and it was visible on the TV for a short while. Serviio then had an error, and my content was no longer visible on my TV.

So thanks for reading so far. I have 2 questions:
1. Where would my Serviio log file be on my NAS? I've looked in public and in the Serviio folder & have no idea where it is.
2. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue?? I changed ISP's about a day before the issue started. But it was working perfectly during that day!

I'm grateful for any help!
<<

orangedog

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:58 am

Re: Synology NAS & Serviio

Can anyone help?

I've connect the external hard drive to the PC and ran serviio from the PC - I could see the content fine.

However when I connect the same hard drive to my NAS and run serviio from the NAS - I can't see any of my media content on the Tv.

Can anyone help?

Is there any settings I need to look at on my NAS or Cable Modem??

Thanks
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:25 pm

Re: Synology NAS & Serviio

Which version of Serviio? Are you running 1.6? The web console in 1.6 makes selecting the shared folders easier since you just browse to them (unlike before). If you're not yet using 1.6, I would suggest uninstalling, and starting again with v1.6. There is also I think an issue with v1.6 and certain Samsung models - relating to transcoded media not being listed - which is expected to be fixed in the next version.
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!

Return to NAS installation