FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

how to add user-profiles.xml on Synology NAS

<<

Uran255

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:32 pm

how to add user-profiles.xml on Synology NAS

I wonder how i add the user-profiles.xml when running serviio on a Synology DS214play
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:10 am

Re: how to add user-profiles.xml on Synology NAS

Since most NAS devices run on some form of Linux, you need an application that has file level access to your internal OS. I'm not familiar with NAS devices, but I thought that some might have something built into the user interface for file level access. If not, then you need something you can run on an external device (computer) to access the files remotely. In the past with Linux, I've used PuTTY, which runs on Windows (perhaps other OSs, I don't know). It connects to your remote device using the SSH protocol, and once connected gives you access to the internal storage. I have no idea how to enable and configure SSH on your NAS, but I'm sure there are many online resources for that.

Once you've connected to the NAS and accessed the file structure, you have to find the Serviio install location. Again, I have no idea where that might be, but you might look under the /opt folder, or the Home folder for the user account that you installed Serviio with. Once you find the Serviio install folder, find the /Serviio/Config folder. There you will find the profiles.xml file, and here is where you put the user-profiles.xml file. Once you've copied the file there, either restart/reboot the NAS, or go into the Serviio console and stop/start the DLNA server on the Status tab. This forces a reload of the profile files.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

xxstyler20xx

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:58 pm

Re: how to add user-profiles.xml on Synology NAS

on syno its installocation/@appstore/serviio/config

Return to NAS installation