FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Youtube and internet radio with QNAP

<<

hati

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:52 pm

Youtube and internet radio with QNAP

I sometimes stream a song from Youtube and leave it to play whatever comes next. Since I do this with a laptop wireless bandwidth easily causes stuttering, therefore I would like to get a Youtube-plugin working in my QNAP so that I can put link there and it will play as long as there are new songs in Youtube (or life and electricity on earth, which ever comes first). If the available Youtube-plugin can do that could someone be kind and give a step to step instructions since I got the impression that I can't achieve what I want with it. And if it requires a new plugin has anyone any interest of writing one? For me an audio only plugin would be just fine but perhaps someone would like to stream music videos to TV for example.

I would also want to stream internet radio sometimes without computer being on and last time I tried to get that plugin to work in QNAP I had no success. Same here, if it can be done with existing plugin I need instructions and if not I humbly ask for a plugin that can do it.

Serviio on my QNAP is 1.8.32 and the system itself is 4.2.6.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Re: Youtube and internet radio with QNAP

Plug-ins work the same way on any Serviio installation. There is no NAS specific instructions for apps. I've never used the YouTube plug-in, so can't say if it will do what you want, but you can read the post for it here. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3276
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

hati

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:22 pm

Re: Youtube and internet radio with QNAP

atc98092 wrote:but you can read the post for it here. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3276

I've read the thread. Not all pages but if I understood it correctly that plugin uses Firefox which a NAS obviously doesn't have.

I also read the thread about Tune In, added it to plugins directory but got the impression that it also need something that a NAS doesn't have for audio.

Return to NAS installation