FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio on Iomega NAS

<<

scotpedro

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:40 pm

Serviio on Iomega NAS

Hi,

Has anyone ever tried installing Serviio on the iomega home network media drive cloud esition? Is it even possible?
<<

erro

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: Serviio on Iomega NAS

Hi,

I am considering buying the storcenter ix2. Did you manager to install serviio ?

cheers.
<<

belio

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:32 am

Hi,

Well, I've got Serviio running on a Iomega StorCenter ix4-200d.
I've followed the instructions from the HOWTO: Serviio on Synology (ARM & Intel but not PPC) to install it.

Regards
<<

jame600

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi;

I have managed to get the Serviio service running on my ix2-200 but I cannot figure out how to get a web interface on to the server. Does anyone know how to do this.

Has anyone created an icon for it in the main settings console on the ix2?

Cheers
<<

nigo

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:42 am

Hi

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to linux. I could of course just do a "monkey see, monkey do" on the instructions provide here: http://pcloadletter.co.uk/2011/02/07/se ... h-arm-cpu/

...but I wouldn't have the slightest idea about what to do if something doesn't go as planned. I have got so far that I was able to log in as root on my storcenter ix2-200 cloud edition, but the instructions above are a more than a year old and was made for synology. I have no idea on what differences there might be between the firmware now and then.

Can anyone confirm that I should just follow the above instructions exactly on my NAS to get it to work?

On a side-note:
The reason why I want serviio on my NAS is that I hope it can work as an alternative to samsungs terrible allshare... I thought that as the manual for my samsung BD-D8900 stated that mkv files could be played when streamed from a DLNA compatible NAS and that the storcenter ix2-200 had DLNA written all over it, that was enough. Turned out I was rather naive because it should be a Samsung approved DLNA compatible NAS... which is Samsungs way of writing: It will only work with a PC running our allshare software.

Return to NAS installation