FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

QNAP TS-433. Serviio 2.3

<<

Scaramoucheii

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:03 pm

QNAP TS-433. Serviio 2.3

Seem to be having some issues with displaying and accessing all of my stored content,

I have used Serviio previously on a Synology 4 bay raid, and on a couple of Mac's,

SETUP

• I recently purchased a QNAP TS-433. 4GB Memory, Arm Cortex-A55 , 2gHz, running 5.1.4.2596 firmware

• I have A lot of .WAV audio, DSF Audio, and M4V Movie files.

• created a Directory "Music" on the QNAP Volume and within that the directories 2Ch_WAV, 2Ch_DSF, 5ch_DSF, MOVIES

• The 2ch_DSF works fine (Only about 10 SACD directories in there now, but as I discover a 2ch recording I move it over)

• The 2ch_WAV directory is /share/Music/2ch_WAV. and works fine

PROBLEMS

• The 5ch_DSF directory has a couple of hundred SACD's but only lets me see and sucessfully play about half on my SONY BlueRay player, the renderer for DSF files.

• The MOVIES Directory shows up on the DLNA Rendered but there is no content displayed?

I'm pretty handy on the command line and no stranger to vi and editing unix config files that way, is there some config file in the QNAP OS that I can tweak to make the Serviio Server display all of my content?

Is there some momory setting or such I need to tweak?

Regards
<<

Scaramoucheii

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:22 pm

Re: QNAP TS-433. Serviio 2.3

So ... just working on why the 664 movie files with .m4v extensions I have don't work ...

I uploaded a .mpeg file into my MOVIES directory and it appears in the list and plays fine,

I then renamed a .m4v file extension to be .mp4, and the server immediately added it to the Library and I was able to play it.

I ssh'ed into the QNAP ts-433 and navigated to

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Serviio/config

And then using vi I see in the .xml config files, application-profiles.xml and profiles.xml there is no .m4v extension listed,

Why isn't the m4v extension in the config file list of extensions by default, and if i'm to shoe horn it in manually what is the process. In the profiles.xml there is a "DO NOT EDIT" warning so thought best to ask here first before editing that file also.
<<

Scaramoucheii

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:04 am

Re: QNAP TS-433. Serviio 2.3

INTERESTING DEVELOPMENT

I removed one of the "folders" with 120 SACD DSF Directories from the "Shared Library"

And the Movies started to be "Added" and I can now see all 600+ of the .m4v files.

Now to start looking into why the SACD directories cause this strange behaivour, Is there a
"Shared Library" size limit? Number of Folders? limit, Directories within a "Shared Folder" limit?

Return to NAS installation