FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

OpenIndiana

<<

DetlefSc

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:50 pm

OpenIndiana

Hi all,
I installed Serviio 0.6.0.1 on my nas running under oi151 with zfs and activated mb server.

Serviio seems to run fine, I can see the server on my Sony-TV, my Win7-PC and my WDTV Live. But.....as soon as I go to my video folder , i get the message, that there are no files in the folder... but there some and i can watch them using smb.

Any idea, where my fault could be ???

BR
Detlef
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Re: OpenIndiana

Have you added files to your library? Also have you got a compiled ffmpeg build?
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

Beta Tester and All Plugins Pack Creator

<<

DetlefSc

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:19 pm

yep, i added /data/movies to my lib and i can go there.
The ffmpeg i am using is from sfe-encumbered with version 0.8.5 (build 5.11-0.151.1)
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:40 am

Could you attatch a detailed log

Ill try and get someone else to help on this that knows nas as i use windows exclusively :D
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

Beta Tester and All Plugins Pack Creator

<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:22 am

Does the user account that Serviio is running as have read access to the files/folders containing the media?
Failing that you'll need to check the Serviio log at log/serviio.log.
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

DetlefSc

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi Patters,
in the moment, i am testing as root. I verified with vlc, whether i have access and the file is readable and not corrupted. It works fine.

WildRushSykes asked for logfiles... I browsed thru the log and saw, that ffmpeg tries to read my video file, to place it in a libraray. (ffmpeg -i /data/movies/test1.avi). I used the same command in a command shell and got some errors.
ffmpeg was installed with package manager from sfe-encumbered.
first error was a missing lib called libass.so.4. I found this lib in the repos. It was not installed, so i did it. Now i am stucking with the next error:

**** start copy&paste

DetlefSc@Compi:~$ ffmpeg -i /data/movies/test1.ts ld.so.1: ffmpeg: fatal: libopenal.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
ld.so.1: ffmpeg: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/lib/libavdevice.so.53: symbol alcCaptureStop: referenced symbol not found
ld.so.1: ffmpeg: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/bin/ffmpeg: symbol avdevice_register_all: referenced symbol not found
Killed

**** end copy&paste ****

Now I am lost.. Here in the forum, I saw some messages that serviio is running with openeindiana... my big question for today : what must i do ??

regards from cold Switzerland
Detlef
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:47 pm

Looks like your FFmpeg is the problem. Serviio runs ffmpeg -i on each file to get its attributes to add it to the library. Until you can run ffmpeg without it crashing like that, you won't be able to use Serviio.
Is it asking for another library, libopenal?
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:45 pm

patters wrote:Looks like your FFmpeg is the problem. Serviio runs ffmpeg -i on each file to get its attributes to add it to the library. Until you can run ffmpeg without it crashing like that, you won't be able to use Serviio.
Is it asking for another library, libopenal?

look to me like ffmpeg is not compiled with correct libs, so will need to be reinstalled/compiled.

http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=build_ffmpeg_linux
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to NAS installation