FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio on PC stops scanning folders on NAS

<<

Vladizlav

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:37 pm

Serviio on PC stops scanning folders on NAS

Since I failed to properly install Serviio directly on my Synology DS211j (it stops in a minute after it starts), I tried to include video folder to the Serviio library on the PC. I put "\\diskstatoin\video\" in the list of folders monitored, created the same user on NAS that runs that PC and gave that user all rights on NAS. After I add the folder, it gradually started scanning and I can see a couple of folders and files on my TV. I can even start and watch movies. But after some time, probably a couple of hours, Serviio stops scanning and, even worse, "forgets" all folders on NAS, so I can see no files on NAS, even ones scanned before. Folders and files on the same PC are shown perfectly. Moreover, Synology DLNA server keeps working fine and streams all files pretty good (I just like Serviio features, hence all that struggle). Any advise is higly appreciated!
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: Serviio on PC stops scanning folders on NAS

Vladizlav wrote:Since I failed to properly install Serviio directly on my Synology DS211j (it stops in a minute after it starts), I tried to include video folder to the Serviio library on the PC. I put "\\diskstatoin\video\" in the list of folders monitored, created the same user on NAS that runs that PC and gave that user all rights on NAS. After I add the folder, it gradually started scanning and I can see a couple of folders and files on my TV. I can even start and watch movies. But after some time, probably a couple of hours, Serviio stops scanning and, even worse, "forgets" all folders on NAS, so I can see no files on NAS, even ones scanned before. Folders and files on the same PC are shown perfectly. Moreover, Synology DLNA server keeps working fine and streams all files pretty good (I just like Serviio features, hence all that struggle). Any advise is higly appreciated!

sounds to me like it goes to sleep on your and then this means serviio thinks its been discconnected and clears its information from its library, But patters will confirm once he see this post and may hjave a fix for it.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Vladizlav

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:06 am

Cerberus, thank you for the idea. I unchecked any hybernating options for my NAS (Control Panel - Power - HDD Hybernation - Never everywhere) and linked Serviio to it again. Unfortunately, the result was the same: it found some folders, but after a couple of hours it forgot all the files and folders and now is showing empty video folder on NAS. Video folder on the PC work fine. Any other ideas?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 am

nope one for Patters i think, he will comment when he sees the post.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:29 am

Check and see if the permissions for the user running serviio do not time out after a period of time on the NAS.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

Vladizlav

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:25 am

Mark, I failed to find how I can check "if the permissions for the user running serviio do not time out after a period of time on the NAS". Where should I see?
<<

Vladizlav

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:17 am

Update: I found out that actually Serviio does not allow watching videos from my NAS even when it works. It says "Not supported file format" about every single file located on NAS i try to watch. The same file can be watched through the same Serviio if they are on my PC,
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:05 pm

sent Patters a PM to look at this topic hopefully he can help you out. :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:25 pm

I think you'll need to show us the logs. SSH into your NAS and copy the log to the public folder where you can pick it up on your PC:
  Code:
cp /volume1/@appstore/Serviio/log/serviio.log /volume1/public
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

Vladizlav

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:27 am

I got log file, but it is empty.

Though, I suspect this was log file generated by Serviio installed on NAS rather than PC. I attahced log from my PC.
Attachments
serviio - copy.rar
(46.32 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
<<

tihob

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:40 pm

Vladizlav wrote:Since I failed to properly install Serviio directly on my Synology DS211j (it stops in a minute after it starts), I tried to include video folder to the Serviio library on the PC. I put "\\diskstatoin\video\" in the list of folders monitored, created the same user on NAS that runs that PC and gave that user all rights on NAS. After I add the folder, it gradually started scanning and I can see a couple of folders and files on my TV. I can even start and watch movies. But after some time, probably a couple of hours, Serviio stops scanning and, even worse, "forgets" all folders on NAS, so I can see no files on NAS, even ones scanned before. Folders and files on the same PC are shown perfectly. Moreover, Synology DLNA server keeps working fine and streams all files pretty good (I just like Serviio features, hence all that struggle). Any advise is higly appreciated!

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem (with dlink nas) since I've upgraded to serviio 0.6.1, the only solution I've found is to downgrade to a lower version to 0.6.1, and rescan all your library folder.
I think the problem is that serviio interpreted badly the characters \ \.
<<

Vladizlav

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:06 am

I have removed Serviio 0.6.2 and installed Serviio 0.6.1. In a couple of minutes after installation I was able to see some folders and files and watch it. In about hour am I still able to see some folders and files (and their number has increased), but I am unable to watch any video, even one I watched an hour ago: Unsupported file format, says my TV. The log is attached.
Attachments
serviio.log
(87.77 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:41 am

Does the NAS go to Sleep? You might want to check and see the power options on the NAS and make sure it is on all the time.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

tihob

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:50 am

moltra wrote:Does the NAS go to Sleep? You might want to check and see the power options on the NAS and make sure it is on all the time.

For me no.
If i install serviio 0.6.0.1 in an another pc, i can test the two in the same time and the PC with serviio 0.6.2 doesn't play the file in the NAS (even if i use the library created by serviio 0.6.0.1).
So for me, the probleme isn't the NAS.
The probleme appeared, when serviio has included a web stream player, i think there was a change in workflow managment systems.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:22 pm

with lack of information about the renderer, i cant even start to help woth this.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Vladizlav

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:23 pm

moltra wrote:Does the NAS go to Sleep? You might want to check and see the power options on the NAS and make sure it is on all the time.
I tried this, disallowed all hybernating options, but the problem persisted.
<<

tihob

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:31 am

Cerberus wrote:with lack of information about the renderer, i cant even start to help woth this.

What information about the rendered tou would need ?
Because, the problem is not come from the renderer, but from the service which check the remote files.
Is that how to scan the remote file has changed since version 0.6.1 ?

Return to NAS installation