FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio installation not seeing NAS drive

<<

kwack

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:04 am

Serviio installation not seeing NAS drive

Hi,

I am hoping to resolve hours of messing around with Sony TV and being able to see films on my NAS drive. I have a Sony TV which is onnected to the router. I also have a NAS drive connected to the router. The TV can see the NAS drive but cant seem to see the film folders.

The NAS drive is a WD Mybook live one which has Twonky on it. IO have tried all type of film formats but to no use.

So my idea was to install Serviio onto PC and point teh library to tewh NAS drive, but this doesnt seem to pick up the films?

Any idea

Thanks
Kwack
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:01 am

Re: Serviio installation not seeing NAS drive

Code:
My files (on remote drive) are not scanned

Make sure the user that runs Serviio server/service has got access to the shared folders. If you are on Windows, check that the user running the Windows service has got access. To run the service as a different user go to Services (from the Windows Control Panel → Administrative Tools or typing "Services.msc" in the Run command on Start menu), select Serviio, right-click -> Properties, Log On tab, enter user's details and restart the service.

To access a NAS device the exact same set of credentials must be created on the NAS device. The Windows credentials must be a local user and not a domain user. The user must have "Run As Service" rights. The remote path must be entered as a UNC path in the Serviio Console (e.g. \\server\folder)), mapped drive letters will not work since user running the Serviio service is not aware of your mapped drives.

Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

tihob

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:33 am

this is the same problem :
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5082
<<

kwack

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:02 pm

I am not sure I understand. How would I map the libraries to the NAS drive. At the moment I have it set to z drive

And what else would I need to do to get Serviio to see teh NAs drive properly

Cheers
kwack
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:01 pm

something like the below.

//192.168.1.1/movies

//server/movies
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

kwack

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi,

Thanks for this but I cant get tit to work. I have entered teh folllowing UNC path but it still doesnt refresh and start loading the files

//192.168.0.7/Public/folder name

I wasnt sure what you meant by teh previous post saying about user rights - How do I go about doing this.

There is an Admin user name on the NAS and my PC name is omething different?

Cheers
Kwack

Return to NAS installation