FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PACKAGE: Serviio 0.6.2 Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus (x86)

<<

martinoelge

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:24 pm

PACKAGE: Serviio 0.6.2 Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus (x86)

Hello world,

i want to share my selfbrewed ReadyNAS Serviio-Addon Package with you:

serviio4readynas.JPG
Serviio ReadyNAS Addon
serviio4readynas.JPG (53.04 KiB) Viewed 15976 times

My NAS version is a Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus with Raidiator 4.2.19

The Serviio-Addon includes JAVA, because the NAS is not shipped with.
Versions:
Addon: 1.0
Serviio 0.6.2
JRE 1.6.0_31

Download here

There is no webinterface build in, you have to connect with an external Serviio-Console.
I use Serviio-Console on Win 7 and on my Android-Device.

Comments are welcome!

Martin
<<

Quinny

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:15 am

Re: PACKAGE: Serviio 0.6.2 Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus (x8

Thank you so much for this. Do you think it would work with the Ultra 6?

Looking to buy one but so want to use Serviio :)
Serviio fan. DLNA to Panasonic VT tvs, QNAP 651 and Synology 916 NAS boxes.
<<

martinoelge

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:31 am

Quincy,

cause every Netgear Ultra has Intel Chips onboard, i suggest that it is possible to use that package for ultra 6.
This is without garantie, because i do not own an ultra 6.

Look at this comparision chart: Comparison Chart
Also have a look at the used RAIDiator Version (= Operating System of the NAS), where Ultra 4 and 6 are released for: RAIDiator 4.2.19 (x86)

Martin
<<

Quinny

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat May 19, 2012 3:31 am

Finally have my NAS box (long long shipping delay) and the drives and this addon installed. All the Tv's can see it fine which is an awesome start. But I am not showing any files :(. I can go to Serviio ReadyNAS, then to Video and both show reading but when i go to folders no "reading" and nothing inside.

Im sure this is the setting inside serviio and sadly I have no idea how to make the bin file work as a gui. Can you confirm what base directory is set inside serviio under library? ie is it the default ReadyNAS "media" one?

I'm also having issues with needing the new Panasonic profiles but more than happy to wait for the next serviio update that will include them (assuming you are willing to keep updating this version which I do hope).

Many thanks, Martin if you can help :)
<<

martinoelge

Serviio newbie

Post Sat May 19, 2012 11:34 pm

Read the FAQ!
A:
1. install a Windows-Serviio Version on your local PC
2. goto Install-Dir and follow to bin
3. Edit file ServiioConsole.exe.vmoptions and add "-Dserviio.remoteHost=192.168.x.y", where x.y represents your NAS-IP
4. start serviioconsole.exe and you can edit your NAS Serviio installation

B:
Use an Android App, search for ServiioDroid in Android Marked
<<

Quinny

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun May 20, 2012 6:28 am

Sadly my user level is obviously way lower than yours but Im giving it a go here. :)

I do not have an andriod phone and got totally stuck at A3 so had a programmer friend (who has never used a media server tho) have a go and he thinks he got that bit right but nothing. By FAQ I can only assume you mean (http://www.serviio.org/component/content/article/21#q2) and we do have that port open on Windows 7 pc but I cant see where can change on the NAS box (nothing in Frontview seems to allow that).

We are going to have another go tomorrow but so far no luck on getting the console to bring up anything other than the "default" windows version.

I really appreciate both the mod and your replies but wonder if having the console setup to point to the readyNAS media directory could be a worthwhile change for others that may get stuck.

Thanks again for the reply. Will let you know if we can find what doing wrong our end as we must be stuffing up somewhere.
<<

martinoelge

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 20, 2012 3:31 pm

For A3 a little help:
1. download attached file and save it under c:\program files\serviio\bin
2. extract the zip file (override if asked)
3. edit the extracted file with notepad and change the IP-Number to your NAS IP, save the changes!
4. start serviioconsole
Attachments
ServiioConsole.exe.vmoptions.zip
(189 Bytes) Downloaded 404 times
<<

Quinny

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:30 am

Thanks for the file - no real luck but some progress. That was what I had before and had edited to point to 102.

After lots of tries all I have manged to do is a mix of all my normal Win 7 shares. I seem to "jump" to the version on the NAS box ok. But it has killed my pc version (which is ok can rebuild easily)

Now it just seems to be kind of merging them into one version with files pointing to

/c/addons-config/serviio/DRIVE:thenNAMEofSHARE

Which is ok I can delete them and felt like prgress. So I added using path

\\192.168.1.102\media
\media
media

as not 100% the format it needs for the ReadyNAS. The above it turned into

/c/addons-config/serviio/\\192.168.1.102\media
/c/addons-config/serviio/\media
/c/addons-config/serviio/media

But I can see none of these only the aforementioned windows shares from my pc's d and e drives which of course dont work. If I try anything using "add local" I just see my windows files. Which is why I used path.

Is this step something simple I am getting wrong or maybe I should try hunt down someone with an android phone. Im doing something wrong.
<<

martinoelge

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 21, 2012 8:02 am

ok, you are the boss.

1. you know, that NAS-shares are not the same directories where serviio beginns to look at?
2. do NOT add local drives while you are using the NAS console... insteat you have to manually set them to /media, for ex...
3. for me to learn: what is the IP of your NAS, What is the IP of your WIN-Mashine?
<<

Quinny

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon May 21, 2012 8:55 am

Your patience with me is awesome :)

Win 7 64 bit - 192.168.1.101
ReadyNAS - 192.168.1.102
(both set via mac address on router - machine level get ip from dhcp)

Yeah i figured they would be different which is why tried using "path"

192.168.1.102\media
\media
media

which did not work. The only reason the local ones where there is somehow it seems to have merged. When I tried to fix the main windows version after (changed the ServiioConsole.exe.vmoptions back) it still pointed to /c/addons-config/serviio/ and could only get that to go away by reinstalling serviio. Atm my windows one is back to normal and the readyNAS one now sees the incorrect Win directories only and none of ones i tried by pointing to "media".

Thanks again. Do appreciate the help so much :)
<<

martinoelge

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 21, 2012 9:19 am

OK, i see the problem:

1. You have to install and start the serviioconsole on the WIN-machine, not on the NAS!
Save the above zip-file to c:\program Files (x86)\Serviio\bin
start serviioconsole.exe from this WIN-directory, NOT from the NAS!

2. The NAS is Linux-driven.
UNIX is the only operatingsystem, where a backslash is a forward-slash!
For the media-directory you have to use
  Code:
/media
as directory-name, nothing more or less.

Give it a try, I thing this will solve the problems...
<<

Quinny

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue May 22, 2012 8:04 pm

I was starting from from the Win machine :) I have no idea how I would even vaguely attempt do it from the NAS box.

Will have another go tonight. The last install of the 6th drive made all the add-ons break and looks like I need another factory reset to fix (importing the Raidar config file triggered a bug in versions 4.2.19/20). With a very big array the rescan takes over 24 hours each time. Back soon on progress :)

Thanks again for your help, as always appreciated.

Edit - Crawling ever closer to success. The folder naming means the Serviio on the tvs can now see the folders (YES!!) just dont seem to get anything in them or for "reading" to activate. I'm sure ive seen that as a Serviio issue. Cant reboot box yet as the file resync is still happing and may be as simple as that.
<<

Quinny

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed May 23, 2012 10:17 am

Sigh - this really does feel like 2 steps forward, one step back everything I try. Reboot did not fix. I can "see" the directories (thanks for the correct setup of "/media" btw) but not any folder contents.

Windows version, Serviio Console, Library, Shared Folders, Show Status - I see 2 green boxes
NAS version, same place - 2 red ones. Is this a problem or just it cant find the sample files I have put there yet?

Serviio seems to be installed on NAS fine, Serviio4ReadyNas - Serviio Version: 0.62, JAVA Version 1.6.0_31, ticked and shows green, Running 4.2.20

- Boxes on NAS version are ticked as per viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1626&p=8441&hilit=library#p8441
- could it be folder permissions maybe? I see it added on the ReadyNAS Frontview, shares, shares listing, "addons-config" under CIFS, default access is read/write, nothing else ticked or entered.

The default version of ReadyDLNA is seeing the files but serviio works better with my panasonic tv's (well the new version or the fix viewtopic.php?p=36709#p36709 with avi does but thats another issue).

Thanks again for sticking with me on this. Not sure why its being so difficult to get going.
<<

martinoelge

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 24, 2012 7:29 am

Quinny, you are on the right way...

How many directories did you add to your media library? Only /media?
You have then to check every media type (audio,video,pictures) for this !

On your TV did you open the right directory? on my PS3 i only see videos under the video main entry, not in pictures, etc...
<<

Quinny

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu May 24, 2012 10:30 am

Yeah just /media using path but had not ticked all (as pretty much just tv), done now
And yeah via tv and ps3 need to go to the videos subfolder normally so expected that

Deleted the mod totally and tried again tonight as well as did a reset in Frontview/Shares or Share Listings/Advanced Options and some success as under library it now will go "green" on a forced refresh but seems to stop before adding anything. This generated one yes one new folder (I have moved about 40 folders onto the box now but its a start :)) under media but still nothing inside it. Its pretty late so will give to tomorrow to see if it keeps going. Thanks again for sticking with me on this. Hopefully the next person that tries it just works and was something silly my end :)

Can you list for me your settings in Frontview/Shares, addons-config. I have CIFS r/w, FTP r/w, HTTP disabled, advanced options nobody, nogroup, then r/w last 3. I just want to eliminate that its not some ReadyNAs setting stopping things.
<<

martinoelge

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 24, 2012 12:23 pm

i do not share addons-config, while i use a SSH Connect to modify this directory.

because serviio is installed with user/group admin admin you should set it to CIFS r/w with user admin and Group admin, ftp and http are not needed for serviio to work
<<

Quinny

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri May 25, 2012 10:51 pm

Still no luck at all. Same issue as from the start - I see Serviio (and the ReadyNAS) on the tvs but there is nothing inside the "media" folder. The most I have managed is that instead of in Serviio console/Library/Show Status it always being red for new files it now is green.

The only things I can think of left to try (which I will this weekend) -

- Track down an android phone and try ServiioDroid (EDIT - Done and settings all seem correct)
- Try from another pc

If they dont work would you be ok for me to make a thread on the ReadyNas addins section about the package (giving you credit of course and referencing here). Maybe it is something different about my NAS Ultra 6 over the 4. I just have no idea. I installed Twonky and it saw all the files fine - but only plays some formats the same as the built in ReadyDLNA. Serviio is the only one out there which works perfect for me and so i would like to keep trying to get it going.
Last edited by Quinny on Mon May 28, 2012 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Quinny

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun May 27, 2012 2:05 am

Managed to pull the serviio log file on the NAS which is full of

2012-05-27 13:55:26,386 WARN [ProcessExecutor] Cannot retrieve results, stderrReader is null
2012-05-27 13:55:26,416 ERROR [ProcessExecutor] Fatal error in process starting: Cannot run program "ffmpeg": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory

Some hunting found this thread -
http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic ... 22&t=53862

that points at a java/ffmpeg issue
<<

martinoelge

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 30, 2012 8:16 am

it looks like ffmpeg is missing, try to install the addon:

http://www.readynas.com/?p=6090
<<

Quinny

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu May 31, 2012 9:08 am

Looks like solved.

I went with this version
http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic ... 48&t=45661
in the end as that was a follow on from the above thread and this version was free to try (prefer to pay if works not to find out if does). Installed the Subsonic then the ffmeg 1.2. Interesting thing was I had already installed ffmpeg on its own as one of the things I tired over the last couple of weeks but Subsonic then it worked.

Do post this on the ReadyNas forums as a lot of people there are serviio fans. At the same time I also updated my serviio install on the NAS with the new Panasonic profiles so it is all working perfectly for me hopefully. Thanks again for the work on the mod and sticking with finding a solution. So thrilled its all working fine (well i can see the files slowly adding - long way to go to get them all showing).

Maybe a mod will be willing to sticky this. Great work Martinoelge
Next

Return to NAS installation