FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio on Synology DS212

<<

kemlath

Serviio newbie

Post Sat May 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Serviio on Synology DS212

I managed to install serviio on my DS212 no problem.

the issue is that the UI sometimes complains about not beeing able to connect to the service and complains that the service is not running.
I checked it was running via SSH and a call to ps
It gives an internal error number 500 and says that its exiting (which it does not btw.) I checked the serviio log file in the package manager but no errors or warnings are listed.

Maybe related is the fact that it does not allow me to select any of the renderer profiles (the combo box just shows a ? but lists no profiles)
In the log file I found that the serviio service is finding all the profiles all right it just seems that there is a communication problem between the service and the UI

any help is highly appreciated.
<<

AchDuShrek

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: Serviio on Synology DS212

Hello,

i've got the same problem witj my DS212+

The renderer list is (mostly !!) empty or has only ? in the selection. I was able to click a lot around and suddenly my Sony Bravia and my Sony BluRay-Player appear in the rendere list ... but only once. Now the list is empty again.

A second problem ist the GUI itself. The refresh of the GUI is not correct. If you start the server, the status will only be changed when you hit the refesh button.
And if you change the language of the user interface the selection is lost (and reset to english) if you restart the GUI.

Seems to me that there are some "SwingUtilities.invokeLater()" calls are missing.

So, at the moment the serviio is not usable on DS212+.

Regards
Marcus
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:38 pm

Re: Serviio on Synology DS212

Set up the console on a separate computer to connect to the NAS. Details in the FAQ on the main Serviio website. I will be removing the WebUI from the Synology release of Serviio 1.0 which should be soon.
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!

Return to NAS installation