FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Exposure of Serving Status via API

<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:33 am

Exposure of Serving Status via API

Hi zip,

In other posts (eg. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10752&p=72157&hilit=internal#p72157) you have alluded to the fact that Serviio keeps an internal register of it's [transcoding] jobs. Does this also include other streaming activities (not just transcoding, such as streaming, browsing, etc).

If so, would it be possible to expose this via the API? Ideally if on a per renderer basis, this could be exposed via the rest/status command perhaps by expanding the <STATUS> field (currently either "ACTIVE", "INACTIVE" or "UNKNOWN" - which is almost always "UNKNOWN" for me for some reason) by adding additional states (eg. "BROWSING", "SERVING NATIVE", "SERVING TRANSCODED", "SERVING NATIVE (CDS)", "SERVING TRANSCODED (CDS)" for example.. if possible you could also add the filename in the SERVING categories :) ).

Do you think this is worth pursuing? If so, I can raise a bitbucket. Would it be reliable? (eg. would Serviio detect that SERVING has stopped, even if the user simply turns their device off?)

The reason for this request is I have an app (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12136) that infers streaming status by monitoring TCP sessions. This method is OK 99% of the time but sometimes TCP sessions don't get closed properly, or conversely (especially for CDS access) don't stay open long enough to be detected. While this method is OK in the absence of anything better, the ultimate method of detecting streaming sessions would be to get it "from the horse's mouth" by simply querying the Serviio server.

ps. havent posted to the Features Request as this is Developer specific.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:54 pm

Re: Exposure of Serving Status via API

It's a big task and am not planning on adding it for now.

Return to Third-party tools integration