As a Mac user I've long wanted to have more options to handle Serviio and manage start/stop in a more flexible way than just letting it run unconditionally at boot.
With Serviio 1.6 and new web console, I spent more time looking at this, and wrapped several cryptic commands and plist modifications into a lean 3-buttons AppleScript app.
I submit this "Serviio Manager" app here for revue/comments.
Basically it allows to:
- start & stop Server daemon in just few clicks
- open the 1.6 console in default web browser
- change daemon settings to enable/disable server start at boot time
This app can sit anywhere in your Mac.
UI is very basic as I wrote it as an AppleScript (there are some limitations on what you can do for GUI)
However, I tried to find decent & simple compromises and it should be sufficient to serve its limited purpose.
It's provided as-is with no warranty of any sort.
I may update it from time to time within this post.
1. as Serviio runs as a daemon, many actions require you type administrator password.
2. as it is an AppleScript, code can be easily inspected
0.5: initial release