FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[TOOLS] DivFix - Repair broken AVI file

<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:58 pm

[TOOLS] DivFix - Repair broken AVI file

DivXFix++ is designed to repair broken AVI file streams by rebuilding index part of file.( DivXs, AVIs, XviDs)

DivFix
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DivFix

DivFix++
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DivFixPP

Thanks to trampas:
trampas wrote:I have a Panasonic Viera TX-L42D25B TV (see the start of the 'Panasonic Viera and Serviio' post) and have the same issue with XviD videos not playing when the software use to create them was 'transcode-1.0.6' or other versions of 'transcode'. However after a lot of head scratching I found that if I loaded these files into "DivFix++_v0.34" which is an app used to 'fix' bad DivX and XviD files and use the 'fix' option then the new files work fine! This process only takes a small number of seconds which better than re-encoding each video or forcing Serviio to transcode them.
Okay a bit more experimenting. Most of my AVIs seem to work after the index has been rebuilt with DivFix++ but a small number fail in a checking for errors loop. Using DivFix rather than DivFix++ seems to work (so far) every time - and it seems much faster as well.
<<

trampas

Serviio lover

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Re: [TOOLS] DivFix - Repair broken AVI file

DivFix++ can be used in command line (CLI) mode which is great for the bulk handling of video files. It is not obvious but DivFix can also be used in CLI mode. In a command window type 'DivFix -h' for a list of parameters and usage. I use version 1.10 only because I would rather not use a Beta version (1.13) as shown in the download link above.

Return to Third-party tools integration