FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

RSS Feed works from one server, but does not work from other

<<

janeCMD

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:01 am

RSS Feed works from one server, but does not work from other

vlc_feedproblem.png
The feed aaa is working one, the feed 'asdasd' does appear but its empty. In real, it contains 4 videos.
vlc_feedproblem.png (52.94 KiB) Viewed 9769 times
Hello,

we have multiple servers where users store some media files. We want them to be able to access those files through DLNA by providing RSS Feeds. The same script is generating RSS Feeds, but it works from one server and does not from other. I have tryed many things - with no results. The server where it works uses Debian and is accessed by IP address without DNS, the server where it does not work uses CPanel and is accessed by DNS representation (s1.mydomain.com).

What could be the problem ? Could i somehow enable debugging in serviio, so i see where the problem occurs ?

The non-working feed will appear in DLNA, but without any contents.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: RSS Feed works from one server, but does not work from o

how does the feed look like? can you post the contents? Otherwise enable detailed logging to see if the feed is parsed properly.
<<

janeCMD

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:06 pm

Thank you very much, i have enabled debugging and found the problem. It was not in RSS but because files transfer got corrupted.
<<

frankmiers

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:22 am

We want them to be able to access those files through DLNA by providing RSS Feeds. The same essaytyper script is generating RSS Feeds, but it works from one server and does not from other.

Could you give it a quick try and see if your mod log RSS works? There may be some validation warnings from the validator.

Return to Third-party tools integration