FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[TOOLS] Subtitlefs

<<

crass

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:29 pm

[TOOLS] Subtitlefs

So you like watch foreign films. And think that matroska's embedded subtitle support is the greatest thing since sliced bread. However, you're disappointed that serviio doesn't support embedded subtitles. Introducing subtitlefs.

Subtitlefs is a fuse filesystem that will show a subtitle file next to the video file (currently only matroska) that contains it. The virtual subtitle file will have the same name as the video file up to the extension and the extension will be the extension for the subtitle format. It currently requires python-fuse and mkvtoolnix. Now you shouldn't need to be concerned with dumping subtitle files from your video files.

I've not tested on windows, but assuming you get the requirements setup, it should work (ie. no unix only modules). Patches and bug fixes welcome.
<<

tif

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:30 pm

Re: [TOOLS] Subtitlefs

Love the idea :)
I would probably be running into huge trouble though. Getting MKVtoolnix to run on an ARM-based NAS is quite tough I believe.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:56 am

Re: [TOOLS] Subtitlefs

has anyone tried this does it work ??
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to Third-party tools integration