FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[OLD] Android Console

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: Android Console

Can you post a screenshot? I haven't set any text to light blue in the settings, so it may have inherited it from your theme. Infact the only text I have set to blue is the titles (status, devices) etc.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Thats odd, but its looks better this way, the light blue does look more vibrant on my phone

http://xmantium.com/serviio/SC20120117-202403.jpeg
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Its odd but expected as its the way android does themes, which can be quite a pain. I can force the descriptions to pick up the blue / whatever it is. Although I might manually set it so it is the same over all devices.
Are the same colours used in the app preferences. Is any other text light blue?
Will

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:08 pm

mine look the same and i like it much better than the yellow.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:13 pm

The yellow went in Beta 2.

Under emulators/the default CM7 theme the text is white / light grey.

I'll do some screenshots tomorrow, it would be helpful if you can upload shots of any differences. That way I can easily identify what is following the system theme, and what isn't.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:31 am

I'm assuming in the attached image, the differences are in the settings and preferences views only (the last two), and the colour around the save/cancel buttons.
Attachments
device-2012-01-18-081656.png
device-2012-01-18-081656.png (190.26 KiB) Viewed 9016 times
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Must be down to themes of Android. It's not a big issue at all

When do you think you will launch it on the Android Market?
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Once I've decided on the name I can refactor it into a new package (as I cannot change it after uploading to the market). I also need to do the icon, text logo for the name, and put together some FAQ/help and description for the market. I'll then setup something for people who want to help by translating the app. I also want to switch the bitbucket account and repository name to a username I can use on other future projects and the repo name to the new project name.
All of that could be done in a few hours, however I want to wait a little while just to make sure there aren't any other bugs as I don't want people's first experience of installing it via the market to be a bad one. Both for them and me as ratings are there forever and someone who has a bad experience,rates the app 1 star and then uninstalls it is unlikely to revisit it.

I'm very busy at the moment and away during the first week of feb, so provided I don't see any other problems, and get everything listed above done I'll aim to get it all done around the 4/5th Feb so just over two weeks from now.
Will

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:47 pm

great, just make sure it'll work with 0.6.2 :-) (no API changes, but in case you check for versions)
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:59 pm

I installed the lastest beta last night, and I love teh way it looked. both the actually program screens and the app icon.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:06 pm

It works with 0.6.2 (i'm testing it on it at the moment).

Versions is something that will be a bit of an experiment next time you do make a change, espeically if you remove something.
For hiding new features from old servers
1) For some UI elements e.g. refreshing online sources I have to specifically check that the server is a particular version, but I try to keep this to a minimum
2) For everything else I can tell from the JSON response, e.g. for settings i've written a helper to do all the checks and effectively, if the server does not support something it will be null in the JSON object and it gets removed and the user does not see it. When I then build a response it gets set to null so is excluded and the old server won't see the new fields.

However when new things come that the app doesn't know about, it gets a bit more interesting. I've done some experiments and If I set a field to null before sending it back, which is the same as if I didn't know about it (ie best video quality in transcoding), the the server apears to accept changes for all the other fields, but resets the one I didn't include to its default.

It would be really nice is if an incoming JSON object doesn't have a field that you were expecting you leave it how it was, rather than resetting it. But I realise that would require adding lots of very boring code.
  Code:
if (bestVideoQuality != null)
    this.bestVideoQuality = bestVideoQuality;

As far as how it will apear to the users, i'll show a warning the first time a user connects to a server running a version greater than the last known supported version. I will also have in place support for saying no, sorry this server is too new, you will have to wait.

When a new version that adds extra things does comes out, firstly I will add all of the new fields so that they cannot be changed by the app, but at least don't reset what has been set in the console. I'll then do a second release (or maybe a few depending on how many changes) that implement the extra features.

A cut down version of this will be in the FAQ.

I'm expecting the beta testers of new serviio versions to put in some extra effort to help me get new versions done asap and to be aware that things will probably break.
Last edited by will on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:16 pm

moltra wrote:I installed the lastest beta last night, and I love teh way it looked. both the actually program screens and the app icon.

:) thanks. So you don't think I should do anything else with the icon then?
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:18 pm

No I liked the look of the Android with the serviio arrows in it. It looked clean and crisp on my droid X.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:32 pm

your updater in the app doesnt work, click download and nothing happens
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Cerberus wrote:your updater in the app doesnt work, click download and nothing happens

Which version are you using? What browser?

It should just open https://bitbucket.org/serviiodroid/serv ... beta13.apk in your browser which will then handle the rest. It was just something to help updating until I published the app.
Will

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:49 pm

from beta 12 to beta 13 and the standard browser for android, it opens for 2 seconds and then closes.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Cerberus wrote:from beta 12 to beta 13 and the standard browser for android, it opens for 2 seconds and then closes.
So it does do something then. In your browser, menu -> downloads or menu->settings->downloads anything there related to the app?
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:55 pm

check and see if it is downloading in the background. Check your download folder.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:58 pm

will wrote:
Cerberus wrote:from beta 12 to beta 13 and the standard browser for android, it opens for 2 seconds and then closes.
So it does do something then. In your browser, menu -> downloads or menu->settings->downloads anything there related to the app?

nope nothing there.

moltra wrote:check and see if it is downloading in the background. Check your download folder.

really i didnt think of that one :roll:
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Odd, sorry it didn't work, you will have to go to https://bitbucket.org/serviiodroid/serv ... beta13.apk as I don't really have time right now and there will be at most one more update via the in-app updating and then It should be on the market.
Last edited by will on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration