FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[OLD] Android Console

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:51 pm

[OLD] Android Console

Please see new thread viewtopic.php?t=5056

This thread documents the development work towards a version of the console for android. This first post will get updated with the most important info.
Last edited by will on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 52 times in total.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Re: Android Console

looking good, mate. A question: how do you link to the API URL? Do you do a UPnP search for Serviio and get the IP from there or is it a field in settings somewhere?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:08 pm

zip wrote:looking good, mate. A question: how do you link to the API URL? Do you do a UPnP search for Serviio and get the IP from there or is it a field in settings somewhere?

At the moment its via a setting that is set on firstrun/can be changed either when running or after a failed connection. However that is certainly something I would like to add.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:28 am

This is brilliant!! I have few Android devices I can test this on, even running the latest Ice Cream Sandwich.

I was thinking the other day, zip provides easy api access that no ones come up with an iOS or Android app.
Any plans to make this an open source project?
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Xmantium wrote:This is brilliant!! I have few Android devices I can test this on, even running the latest Ice Cream Sandwich.

I was thinking the other day, zip provides easy api access that no ones come up with an iOS or Android app.
Any plans to make this an open source project?

Excellent, any tablets as I will not be able to test it properly for tablets.

Once it gets to a good enough stage (its still going through some quite rapid cahnges as I learn new bits) then I could do, provided people are willing to contribute to it. What ever happens, if it ever looks like i'm not going to be able to maintain it then i'll definately make it available.

Depending on how busy I am this weekend, I'll hopefully have the first beta out for christmas which will probably include everything except for presentation options from my orignal list.

I will then fix bugs/implement presentation options, improved first run with autoconnect and then my ideas for making adding online sources easier.
Last edited by will on Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:55 pm

Ive got an iPad and a HP Touchpad (Got it on the £115 sale!)

Thinking of installing Android on my Touchpad

Even though im not a big iOS fan it would be great if this can be ported to Apple products

Let me know when your ready for me to test :D
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:00 pm

I won't port it myself as I do not have an iOS device to test it on and don't have that much free time. This is my fun little project to keep me entertained at the weekends when I'm bored of doing reading/work for my qualifying dissertation.
Last edited by will on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:50 pm

make it in a better colour and i would use it ;) perect for a headless server and then control from an android tablet. ;)

i can do sopme look and feel images if you require so once you get it work you can style it nicely to for table and high end adroid devices :) gingerbread and up
Last edited by Cerberus on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Cerberus wrote:make it in a better colour and i would use it ;) perect for a headless server and then control from an android tablet. ;)

What colour do you suggest? I was trying to make it serviio themed, but I do agree it could be better.

ZIP - any chance of extending the API so that we can access say the last 10 additions (filename and resolved metadata name if available). I would really like to have access to the recently added section via the API.

i can do sopme look and feel images if you require so once you get it work you can style it nicely to for table and high end adroid devices :) gingerbread and up

I'm open to suggestions. I'll be using (fairly simple) fragments for the UI so that you get a layout thats suitable for tablets as well as phones.

Yes my phone has a crap resolution, but I am checking it against a range of different ones to check it scales properly.
Last edited by will on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:56 pm

i cant program but i can do you a design drawing if you like ?
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:04 pm

Cerberus wrote:i cant program but i can do you a design drawing if you like ?

If you want, don't get too carried away until I can check I can implement it :)

Current plan is for devices, shared folders, online sorces and settings (library, meta, trans pres) will have a split layout. So on phones you will switch to a new view to edit, on tablets you will edit on the right hand side of the screen. http://developer.android.com/guide/topi ... ments.html

I will then improve from that.
Will

<<

kairoh

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:44 pm

If you need some help, ask me ;)
Serviio WebUI console developer : New Homepage | Support | Project | Issues

Samsung UA32C6600 | WinXP / Ubuntu 11.10 | Samsung Galaxy S | Freebox v6
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:31 pm

Are you planning to release this as free app on Android Market when it's ready?

Would be cool if a windows phone 7 version is made as it looks like it's got metro style swipe interface.

Zip/Cerberus can you put this post on top of the section near the php/Ajax console, didn't know this post existed till today, so many sticky tools posts to skip to come to this post. :D
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:45 pm

Xmantium wrote:Are you planning to release this as free app on Android Market when it's ready?

Would be cool if a windows phone 7 version is made as it looks like it's got metro style swipe interface.

Zip/Cerberus can you put this post on top of the section near the php/Ajax console, didn't know this post existed till today, so many sticky tools posts to skip to come to this post. :D

1. it has to be free or it breachs serviio licence :)

2. id love to but we just dont have the power captain. :P

3. i will be adding the tools posts to wiki soon ;)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

zip

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:53 pm

Cerberus wrote:1. it has to be free or it breachs serviio licence :)

Not true. This is a separate product and the dev can release it with whatever licence they want, free or charged.

I'll make it sticky when it's complete and released.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:32 am

I'm fine with you waiting to put it on the wiki/sticky until its ready.

Re WP7, again I don't have one so although I imagine they have emulators its not really the same and I have enough work/programing to do through my job and doctorate that I won't have the time for a while.

Re Market. Not sure yet, had a quick look. It costs $25 for an account even if you want to release free apps (to keep out the real crap entires). Don't hold me on this, but if I do put it on the market (rather than just a website) I will probably go for the free with an identical donate version model.

Zip, did you see my earlier post re: making the 10 or so last added items aviablable via the API (filename + fetched metadata name)? I would really like to open up the app and view the last added files without having to turn on a device and browse the repository.
Last edited by will on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Will

<<

kairoh

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:08 am

will1987 wrote:Re WP7, again I don't have one so although I imagine they have emulators its not really the same and I have enough work/programing to do through my job and doctorate that I won't have the time for a while.
Re Market. Not sure yet, had a quick look. It costs $25 for an account even if you want to release free apps (to keep out the real crap entires).

If an android app is made, it will be in java ("android java"). WP7 or Iphone don't support java app.
There won't be any conversion possible, maybe someone will develop another app for these phones.

Android market is absolutely free, you only require a free google account (not like App store ...).
You also can diffuse your app on any website (but this will not allow multiple version and search inside the market app).

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:10 am

kairoh wrote:If an android app is made, it will be in java ("android java"). WP7 or Iphone don't support java app.
There won't be any conversion possible, maybe someone will redevelop app for these phones.

Android market is absolutely free, you only require a free google account (not like App store ...).
You also can diffuse your app on any website (but this will not allow multiple version and search inside the market app).

What I found said you have to pay. Got a link that says otherwise?

And yes it is android java.
Last edited by will on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will

<<

zip

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:17 am

will1987 wrote:Zip, did you see my earlier post re: making the 10 or so last added items aviablable via the API (filename + fetched metadata name)? I would really like to open up the app and view the last added files without having to turn on a device and browse the repository.

That would be another API (browse content), which might come at some point.
<<

kairoh

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:30 am

will1987 wrote:What I found said you have to pay. Got a link that says otherwise?

You actually have a one-time registration charge of 25$.
Then every (re-)publishing will be free. And you can publish as many app as you want.
Signing certification is also free of charge.

Like i have said before, you also can put your ".apk" app anywhere on the web and any androphone will be able to install it from a simple link (it just won't be referenced on the market).

Next

Return to Third-party tools integration