FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[OLD] Android Console

<<

Northguy

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Re: Android Console

will wrote:
I saw, thanks. Any thoughts on the translation service?

No thanks.......

I think the translation service is great. Gives you good possibilities on localisation. I have some experience with translating on launchpad.net but your service works nicer!
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:18 am

Thats good, it apeared to work well when I played around with it. It should make managing updates easier when I have to add extra strings for new features. Not sure what it does if I change a string, hopefully it will mark it as needing re-translating.

The fact that you can spend just 5 or 10 minuets and translate some of the strings will hopefully encorage people compared to having to download and translate the whole set in one go.

Zip if you moved to something like this, the initial setup time for you will be pretty minimal. In about 15 or so min and you could have an account setup and all the language files uploaded.

I also looked at crowdin, but that is a paid service unless your code is opensource, where as this is free, with extra pro features.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:16 am

@User who put their forum name as 'htc qba' with the HTC Wildfire S, I can't find you in the list of memebers so cannot PM you.
I'm not sure why, but the server data has got a bit out of sync. Clearing the data for the app should fix it. I'll add some extra protection into the next version to stop it happening again.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:07 pm

@Zip, just had a play with things like renaming the key or renaming the values. The procedure works well, when you upload a new master file, you confirm you want to replace the existing one and it will then highlight any changes it can't sort out, you can then either keep what it thinks they should be, or mark them to be re-translated in the case or changing the meaning signigicantly. Any new strings, or deleted strings are automatically sorted out.

It also sources translation suggestions from public projects. Meaning if you uploaded all of the main serviio files, it should use your existing translations as suggestions for people translating the android app. Then in the future if other people develop iOS/WP7 apps, if they used the same service, they would also get suggestions.

So far, it appers to be a pretty good service, and its free if you don't mind anyone being able to translate the files.
Will

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Thanks Will, will have a look at it for the next major release.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Copied from post-update hooks thread
moltra wrote:Seeing what has been files have been added / changed or maybe even a link to the serviio.log file.

Four options order by my likelihood of doing them

1) Show the last added file on the status view, thats easy and I don't know why I didn't in the first place. I'll add that to the next release.

2) Wait for ZIP to allow 'browsing' the repository over the REST API so that I can show the 'Last added' category in the app. My prefered method.

3) When connected over wifi perform a UPnP browse through the app as if it was a renderer and show the files available in the 'Last added' category. This should work but I don't know how much time it would take and I don't have time at the moment.

4) Do something with the serviio.log file - this requires either zip expose it, or that the user expose it. I guess something along the lines of how the restful webui works might work. Or a standalone server, ie the user tells the app that they have apache running with SERVERIP/serviio/serviio.log available for access.

Question:

Would there be interest for the app to (optionally) refresh the status view in the background and then pop up a notifiation saying

Code:
ServiiDroid: 5 files have been added to serviio. The last file was filename.avi
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:03 pm

will wrote:Question:

Would there be interest for the app to (optionally) refresh the status view in the background and then pop up a notifiation saying

Code:
ServiiDroid: 5 files have been added to serviio. The last file was filename.avi

Yes, this would be great addition. Maybe expand it if possible to online sources.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:14 pm

At the moment the only thing in the API about updates is

Checking for new files: yes/no
Checking updates: yes/no
Number of new files added: number
Last file added: filename

so thats what I can show for now.

I've created a ticket for the idea https://bitbucket.org/serviiodroid/serv ... he-user-if
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:06 pm

I've uploaded a new test build. I am not pushing it out through the update checker as there are some incomplete bits in it. As well as the changes on the wiki, this applies the Holographic theme when running android 3.0 and above. Can a few people running 3.0 -> 4.0.3 try it out and give me some feedback on how it looks and what needs adjusting. I haven't implemented the action bar just yet, that will come later.

This will be installed as a seperate app and when I release it on the market you will have to remove it first.

Please also go into the preferences and enter your forum username incase the app crashes.

For those interested https://bitbucket.org/serviiodroid/serv ... test-1.apk

I've had a play with ICS, going to try Honeycomb now.

So far, the online source type needs re-styling as you cannot read it.
Will

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:41 pm

will throw it on the HTC tomorrow and give it a test, be nice if you could post the change log each time tho rather than having to find it on yet another site. :( come on im constantly looking at serviio forum and wiki dont need another :(
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:44 pm

I specifically haven't posted the changelog and haven't pushed this through the update checker because it has quite a few issues and I just want a bit of feedback from a few users on the use of the theme, rather than the other fixes that it includes.
Will

<<

seus

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:29 am

This looks really great...question, is it outside the capabilities of this app to actually restart the Serviio service vs. the restart server command from the console? I ask because doing the former seems to help when my TV can't see Serviio, but doing the latter does not.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:06 am

Is that the test release with the holographic theme or the normal one?

Using the API as it stands, you can stop or start the DLNA streaming server part of it.

You can actually also exit the main server process, however you cannot start it back up again, which is why I left it out of the app. Not much use from a mobile app if you can stop it but not start it.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:02 am

I've uploaded another test build (Test2). Can a few people running 3.0 -> 4.0.3 try it out and give me some feedback on how it looks and what needs adjusting.

Please also go into the preferences and enter your forum username incase the app crashes.

For those interested https://bitbucket.org/serviiodroid/serv ... test-2.apk

Over the previous test, this makes online source tyle selection readable, and stops the menu items dissapearing on tablets, and adds a few ui fixes to honeycomb.

@voodooo you may be interested in trying this out as it has your translation in it.

I have also added one more string that will need to be translated :(
Will

<<

Northguy

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:10 pm

100% translation for Dutch language. Hope everything is clear, because I learned that some translations are quite difficult without a proper context. Let's wait and see if the community starts correcting the translations :lol:

Any chance on having ServiiDroid on Android market soon? I love the pushed updates of the Market :D
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:23 pm

Thank you, i've added it and will build a new test release tonight so you can test it.

I did try to name the keys for the strings to help e.g. view_status_server_address indiciates it is a string specific the the status view. There are actually quite a few comments in the raw xml file that aren't exposed through the translation service, however I like the fact that you can post comments on them and I can reply with some extra information.

As for the market, it is still looking like next weekend (4/5th of feb as launch day) as I'm away from this sunday to the 3rd so I will not available to fix any issues that may happen when I publish the app.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:05 pm

I am now preparing the promotional material for the launch of ServiiDroid on the Android Market. I will freeze development tomorrow night so this is your last chance to provide feedback.

ServiiDroid now has a new home Link

No more updates will be pushed through the update checker. When I release the app please delete the beta versions and if you also downloaded the extra test builds, also remove those first, otherwise you will get errors todo with the package signature not matching.
Will

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:18 pm

good luck will hope it all goes ok :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:15 pm

Any thoughts?
Attachments
ServiiDroid-Market.png
ServiiDroid Market Banner
ServiiDroid-Market.png (118.62 KiB) Viewed 13164 times
Will

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:17 pm

looks good to me still not strict on the logo though but ah well.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration