FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiDroid (Android Console) - Get it on Google Play

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Re: ServiiDroid (Android Console) - Now on the Android Marke

zip wrote:Imagine how easy it'll be to turn on/off restricted access to folders on the phone - just enter the PIN and there you go :-)

Is there a timescale for the next release, and is this going into it? I see you have changed lots of things to 1.0 in bitbucket, is that the next release or are you just getting ready to prioritise things.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:07 pm

those are main things that will go to 1.0, I want to get that release out asap and there will be a lot of work on supporting systems for that. The main thing missing in bitbucket is the web player / REST library API which I'm working on now. It's going pretty slowly so I'd guess, incl. testing, probably at least 3 months, possibly more.
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:24 pm

will wrote:Hows your WP7 one going?

Its not ATM :( It was a hobby project. Haven't had much time with another baby on the way and work. If I do manage to complete it, definitely be called ServiiMetro :D
May make it into open source if it develops well.

At this stage I'm testing and assisting Mark getting his Serviio PHP web UI rolled out, when its out you'd probably notice some inspiration from your Android app! I can tell you it looks amazing what he's done!

Even though I'm not a big fan of iOS, it would be pretty cool if someone did make one.
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:38 pm

I've got a new update ready and I'm going to give it a good test and try and break it. If all is well, i'll upload it tonight/tomorrow morning. This focuses on stopping the user moddifying one thing when a previous moddification is still being send/updated from the server. This is especially important for when the user deletes an item and then starts a new change as the index changes and then either the wrong, or a non-existent item is then changed. It should also help with resuming to a subactivity and I now also keep track of all active network connections so that they can be shutdown instantly when you switch servers.

There are two more strings so it would be good if the people helping with translations could update them so they can be included in the update. It would also be really good if the french and german translations could be finished as about 14% of users have those locales. However, any translations will be really welcomed as just over half the users of the app aren't using english on their phones.

I've also restructured a lot of the internal code into something a bit more logical now that I've spent some time working on it. A side effect is that any home screen shotcuts to the app will have to be removed and re-added as the internal activity name has changed. I assume this is fine with people as it won't take you more than 15 seconds to do and will make things a bit easier at my end? I'll add a line in the changes to make it clear to users what needs to be done.

There are a few issues related to screen rotating (as android destroys and re-creates everything on rotoate) which I want to fix in the next update. I'm then going to have a go at moving to using the action bar to help make things a bit more consistent especially for tablet users.

Are there any other requests as to what you want adding/fixing?
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:03 pm

When will this be released?

Since the internal activity name is changed, do we have to uninstall the current version? would it install over the previous version?

I would like to see one thing added, Shared folders look plain compared to other tabs (Devices has lights, Online sources has refresh)
is it possible to add icon on the left hand side
-folder icon for local folder
-network icon for network shared folders
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Just waiting on translations, will upload tomorrow.
No uninstall will be needed and it will only effect users who have added a shortcut to their home screens. The link in your launchers app list will update on it's own.

OK, I'll look into that.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Call me crazy - Ive got an idea that will take this app to the next level but will need heavy work but for the Serviio users - a dream!
Ive suggested similar idea before for the console but think its easier to implement on your amazing app!

A system where it gets a list of predefined feeds that adds to Serviio very easily
At the moment after a user adds their plugins, the user have to research what feeds they could add (for novice users this can be a turn off), they have to go to the website and copy and paste the correct url, choose an title appropriate title, choose correct source type(i know ive chosen rss accident for 4OD), choose media type

Would be cool if ServiioDroid extracts a maintained online xml or database where it stores the urls and its parameters needed for uses to add easily to their serviio
For example
User can choose from a list, iPlayer section can have all of its rss feeds to add, user can just press "add to Serviio" and ServiiDroid adds the selected feed with the correct source, media type and appropriate title!
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Xmantium wrote:Call me crazy - Ive got an idea that will take this app to the next level but will need heavy work but for the Serviio users - a dream!
Ive suggested similar idea before for the console but think its easier to implement on your amazing app!

A system where it gets a list of predefined feeds that adds to Serviio very easily
At the moment after a user adds their plugins, the user have to research what feeds they could add (for novice users this can be a turn off), they have to go to the website and copy and paste the correct url, choose an title appropriate title, choose correct source type(i know ive chosen rss accident for 4OD), choose media type

Would be cool if ServiioDroid extracts a maintained online xml or database where it stores the urls and its parameters needed for uses to add easily to their serviio
For example
User can choose from a list, iPlayer section can have all of its rss feeds to add, user can just press "add to Serviio" and ServiiDroid adds the selected feed with the correct source, media type and appropriate title!

This sounds like a great idea, but maybe even expand it to be an online database or xml file like the "TheStreamDB.com - The Stream Database" Maybe even use it...

This way it would be avaliable to all flavors of serviio consoles.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:34 pm

I've already talked to zip about a system where the pluggins also contain a description of how to format the url to make adding sources simple while not relying on maintaining a list.
This is definitely something I want for the future.
I'll try to find the thread.
Will

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:36 pm

moltra wrote:
Xmantium wrote:Call me crazy - Ive got an idea that will take this app to the next level but will need heavy work but for the Serviio users - a dream!

For example

This sounds like a great idea, but maybe even expand it to be an online database or xml file like the "TheStreamDB.com - The Stream Database" Maybe even use it...

This way it would be avaliable to all flavors of serviio consoles.

last time i spoke to zip about this it was planned, to implement this kind of thing when he does his plugin repo site, so you add the plugin and it auto adds example/popular relevent feeds, that you can then remove via the console if u decide you dont want them. but i would expect this to be far in future as there are alot more important feature and fixs to come first :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Cerberus wrote:last time i spoke to zip about this it was planned, to implement this kind of thing when he does his plugin repo site, so you add the plugin and it auto adds example/popular relevent feeds, that you can then remove via the console if u decide you dont want them. but i would expect this to be far in future as there are alot more important feature and fixs to come first :)

Does that mean someone can create their own repo in the meantime till zip official release?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:01 pm

The key features I want is:
Not maintained in ServiiDroid so by the server or external websites

Only present feeds to the user that they have the required pluggins for. This obviously requires the server to be updated.

As for setting up a repository, I would start a new thread to brainstorm the requirements.
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:30 pm

will wrote:The key features I want is:
Not maintained in ServiiDroid so by the server or external websites

Only present feeds to the user that they have the required pluggins for. This obviously requires the server to be updated.

As for setting up a repository, I would start a new thread to brainstorm the requirements.

Done

http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5304#p37773
Mark
Beta Tester Group

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Xmantium wrote:
Cerberus wrote:last time i spoke to zip about this it was planned, to implement this kind of thing when he does his plugin repo site, so you add the plugin and it auto adds example/popular relevent feeds, that you can then remove via the console if u decide you dont want them. but i would expect this to be far in future as there are alot more important feature and fixs to come first :)

Does that mean someone can create their own repo in the meantime till zip official release?

no it would have to intergrate with serviio, so would require changes to serviio before it can be implemented. ( bit like how google market works )
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:00 am

No it would not have to integrate with serviio, a feed can be added using the existing API.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:06 am

moltra wrote:No it would not have to integrate with serviio, a feed can be added using the existing API.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5304&p=37790#p37790
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:49 am

I've uploaded a new update. Note I decided not to break the homescreen shotcuts at this stage as I've just had another idea for the future which will present a good chance to do it.

Code:
==== 1.1.4 ====
*Lots of fixes for rare force closes
*Added protection against double moddifications
*Added protection against data changing while editing an item
*Old network connections are shutdown when switching servers
*Translation updates
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Just installed it, keep up the excellent work.

One suggestion, due to very looooong URLs for online streaming where you have to put loads of parameters, is it possible to keep it to maximum two lines, this way its even, urls longer than this can have "..." at the end of the url if its not going over two lines
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Xmantium wrote:Just installed it, keep up the excellent work.

One suggestion, due to very looooong URLs for online streaming where you have to put loads of parameters, is it possible to keep it to maximum two lines, this way its even, urls longer than this can have "..." at the end of the url if its not going over two lines

Is this for the online sources view, rather then when editing them?

Can you give me an example url for me to test it out on.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:56 pm

For viewing online sources, some urls are very long, most are from my post here

A url can be
rtmp://68.68.26.75/live/_definst_ playpath=zeetvjnskjndd swfUrl=http://www.veemi.com/player/player-licensed.swf tcUrl=rtmp://68.68.26.75/live/_definst_ pageUrl=http://www.veemi.com/embed.php?v=zeetvjnskjndd
When you view on ServiiDroid, it takes up SIX lines, i dont mind viewing the entire url when you press edit.
Most url like iplayer and 4od take only two lines
PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration