FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiDroid (Android Console) - Get it on Google Play

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:45 am

Re: ServiiDroid (Android Console) - Get it on Google Play

If it's the same machine you could have just connected and ServiiDroid would have updated the version info. Remove the manual entry and try a search, as it won't add an entry if it's already there. That will at least check that the server is broadcasting.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

soundcheck

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:28 am

Hi.

Just to close my case from yesterday over here too.

I'm running Serviio as user serviio under /usr/share. I installed Serviio 1.1 from scratch.
Doing so assigns user root, group root permissions to the serviio folder structure.
The Serviio tarball has the correct permissions assigned to the owner only, which would be root in my case. (This could be changed by zip ).

Serviio won't work properly with the wrong permissions/user assigned.
ServiiDroid can not properly access those folders.

That's it. You just need to get it right.

Just run e.g:

Code:
sudo chmod  -R serviio.nogroup /usr/share/serviio

if you use a different user than root .

Cheers
<<

soundcheck

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:33 am

Hi.

I'm wondering how things are going to build in on option for choosing specfic audio (language) streams through ServiiDroid??

A basic implementation of just selecting e.g. audio stream 1 or 2 would be very helpful.

THX

Cheers
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:51 pm

Is this something zip is working on/something on the to do list? It isn't in the API at the moment so I cannot add it to ServiiDroid, although not sure how well that would work even if it was possible.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:26 am

Noticed a bug, when you have the option Hide unrecognised devices turned on.

And you select the last items to edit devices, it picks up the unrecognised device that's not showing on the list
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:01 pm

So it does. Sorry about that, i'll fix that tonight/tomorrow.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:08 pm

will wrote:So it does. Sorry about that, i'll fix that tonight/tomorrow.

No rush. Im really more forward the plugins installed linking to ServiiDB.

Hoping for a "Browse ServiiDB"
Ive put the plugins in categories so could work like this

-TV On Demand
|--- 4oD (UK)
|--- CBS (US)
|--- iPlayer (UK)
|--- ITV Player (UK)
|--- Hulu (US)

-Music Videos
|--- Billboard Top 20
|--- YouTube Top 100

- Video Sharing
|--- YouTube
|--- Vimeo
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:30 pm

The fix should be with you soon.
  Code:
==== 1.9.2 ====
*Fixed updating devices when the 'hide unrecognised devices' option is turned on

Hoping for a "Browse ServiiDB"
Ive put the plugins in categories so could work like this

-TV On Demand
|--- 4oD (UK)
|--- CBS (US)
|--- iPlayer (UK)
|--- ITV Player (UK)
|--- Hulu (US)

-Music Videos
|--- Billboard Top 20
|--- YouTube Top 100

- Video Sharing
|--- YouTube
|--- Vimeo

Is all the data there now? Probably won't get a chance to look at it this weekend as I have some ServiiGo stuff todo, but will have a go next weekend. Any specific feature requests?
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Ive put the all the data myself, Mark is the man to say if the API ready for this
There should be a maximum of probably 10 Categories when all the plugins is loaded

Great, i think this is the only console that takes advantage of the API device name change introduced in Serviio v1.1
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:36 pm

Xmantium wrote:Ive put the all the data myself, Mark is the man to say if the API ready for this
There should be a maximum of probably 10 Categories when all the plugins is loaded

Great, i think this is the only console that takes advantage of the API device name change introduced in Serviio v1.1

The data is in the serviidb.com/apidev/ API, I have not copied it over to the production API yet. Check it out and let me know if this is what you want? or do you want a separate API response for pluginType ie "TV on Demand"

here is a couple of examples.

Code:
{
    "resource": "plugin",
    "requestedSize": 17,
    "totalSize": 17,
    "items": [
        {
            "pluginTitle": "4oD (UK)",
            "pluginNid": "186",
            "pluginUri": "http://serviidb.com/sites/default/files/creatplugin/Channel4od_1.groovy",
            "pluginLanguage": "en",
            "pluginAuthor": "Petr Nejedly",
            "pluginWebsite": "http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4od",
            "pluginInstructions": "A web resource plugin for Channel4 4oD content. Requires at least Serviio 0.6.1\r\nDue to changes with 4oD, all new content use a new encryption method of streaming",
            "pluginLogo": "http://serviidb.com/sites/default/files/4oD.jpg",
            "pluginRating": null,
            "pluginStatus": "0",
            "pluginType": "TV On Demand",
            "pluginRevisionDate": "2012-01-05T00:00:00",
            "pluginSourceLocation": null,
            "pluginVersion": "7",
            "pluginDescription": "4oD - 4 on Demand is a video on demand service from Channel Four Television Corporation. The service offers a variety of programmes recently shown on Channel 4, E4, More4 or from their archives. However some programmes and movies are not available due to rights issues.",
            "pluginApiName": "4OD (UK)",
            "plugin": "4OD (UK)",
            "url": "http://serviidb.com/sites/default/files/creatplugin/Channel4od_1.groovy",
            "nid": "186"
        },
        {
            "pluginTitle": "ABC & ABC Family",
            "pluginNid": "316",
            "pluginUri": "http://serviidb.com/sites/default/files/creatplugin/ABC.groovy",
            "pluginAuthor": "X S Inattar",
            "pluginWebsite": "http://abc.go.com/watch",
            "pluginInstructions": "Add video rss feeds from ABC and ABC Family\r\nYou can also limit the episodes on season basis by replacing the third last -1 with the season number. for e.g. /-1/-1/-1 in the end of the link will become /3/-1/-1 to restrict fetches to only season 3 episodes of the show.",
            "pluginLogo": "http://serviidb.com/sites/default/files/abc.jpg",
            "pluginStatus": "1",
            "pluginRevisionDate": "2012-06-30T00:00:00",
            "pluginVersion": "1",
            "pluginDescription": "Watch latest full episodes of shows from ABC & ABC Family",
            "pluginApiName": "ABC",
            "plugin": "ABC",
            "url": "http://serviidb.com/sites/default/files/creatplugin/ABC.groovy",
            "nid": "316"
        },
        {
            "pluginTitle": "ABC & ABC Family",
            "pluginNid": "316",
            "pluginUri": "http://serviidb.com/sites/default/files/creatplugin/ABC.groovy",
            "pluginAuthor": "X S Inattar",
            "pluginWebsite": "http://abcfamily.go.com/watch",
            "pluginInstructions": "Add video rss feeds from ABC and ABC Family\r\nYou can also limit the episodes on season basis by replacing the third last -1 with the season number. for e.g. /-1/-1/-1 in the end of the link will become /3/-1/-1 to restrict fetches to only season 3 episodes of the show.",
            "pluginLogo": "http://serviidb.com/sites/default/files/abc.jpg",
            "pluginStatus": "1",
            "pluginRevisionDate": "2012-06-30T00:00:00",
            "pluginVersion": "1",
            "pluginDescription": "Watch latest full episodes of shows from ABC & ABC Family",
            "pluginApiName": "ABC",
            "plugin": "ABC",
            "url": "http://serviidb.com/sites/default/files/creatplugin/ABC.groovy",
            "nid": "316"
        },
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:02 am

With the ServiiDB browser it should be very clear which plugin is still actively working, pluginStaus is very important
ServiiDB will host all plugins that are not even working as a reference to let the user know
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 am

Small update. I've managed to get the UPnP library I use to compile from source so that I can (fairly) easily add and backport fixes from the new version which is ICS+ so I will hopefully be able to squash the last remaining bugs that occur on some devices/network setups. Also thanks to those who are submitting translations, sorry for being a bit slow at updating them.
  Code:
==== 1.9.3 ====
*Fixed searching for servers when non-standard devices are present on the network
*Minor bug fixes
*Translation updates
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:24 pm

Ah, does that mean it search for Serviio on network now work for BlueStacks Android running on Windows?
Rest of the features work fine.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 pm

No search for servers doesn't work under BlueStacks as it is based off of the Android emulator and the network interfaces implemented in the emulator don't support multicast which is required for discovery.

When it does mean is that the app won't crash if it finds devices on the network that do something non standard, I had some strange bug reports from routers and printers giving invalid address which obviously doesn't matter and can be safely ignored as I'm only interested in finding Serviio servers.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi will, im not sure your using the latest WebUI by Mark, as soon as you type "Tra" it lists the Trailers, was wondering if you can have option to do quick match search than exact word match

The other thing i would like is the list also displays the Install Count without going into the item, with WebUI and ServiiMetro it helps me and other users determine which items to add

Ive updated most of the items with item description, not sure if Mark/moltra has added this to API yet, would be cool to see this when you go into an item
example http://www.serviidb.com/content/penn-and-teller-fool-us
"Magical double act Penn and Teller challenge the UK's aspiring magicians to perform their most baffling trick in front of a studio audience. Hosted by Jonathan Ross."
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:49 pm

I've got quite a few changes for ServiiDB intergration sketched out so I'm going to work on them properly into a big update. Probably won't be ready until the end of feb though as I have a busy few weeks ahead of me.

In other news, ServiiDroid has been live on Google Play for a year today. Currently sitting at a little over 38K downloads which I think is pretty good. Out of the current installs, 37% are running Jelly Bean, 39% are running Ice Cream Sandwitch and 18% are running Gingerbread so the majory of users are on newer devices. 40% of installs are in English speaking contries, so thank you to everyone who has helped translate the app for the 60% of users who aren't native english speakers.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:37 pm

will wrote:In other news, ServiiDroid has been live on Google Play for a year today. Currently sitting at a little over 38K downloads which I think is pretty good. Out of the current installs, 37% are running Jelly Bean, 39% are running Ice Cream Sandwitch and 18% are running Gingerbread so the majory of users are on newer devices. 40% of installs are in English speaking contries, so thank you to everyone who has helped translate the app for the 60% of users who aren't native english speakers.

Fantastic achievements!! And thats just Google Play, ServiiDroid can be found in BlueStacks without GooglePlay so i can imagine more users and hope it will work fine for the upcoming and very promising WindowsAndroid
Ive seen alot people with Kindle Fire on my commute to work, is it also availble in Amazons App Store?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:04 pm

The first beta for version 2 of ServiiDroid is ready for download from https://bitbucket.org/willlunniss/servi ... -Beta1.apk

This adds full support for Serviio 1.2 (slight adjustments since the preview) and speeds up the initial load by not loading settings related stuff until it is needed. Please test all aspects of the app on both 1.2 and older versions as it has had a lot of internal changes. The next beta will hopefully contain a re-done ServiiDB.com experience.

Code:
==== 2.0 Beta 1 ====
*Added full support for Serviio 1.2
*Improved start up time by not loading settings data until it is needed
*Lots of minor bug fixes
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi Will, would really like to see "Installs: XX" on the list of search.
This way when i search for ITV items i can quickly pick out the popular items in the list
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:53 am

Any feedback on the beta release, either on old or new versions of Serviio?
Will

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration