FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiDroid (Android Console) - Get it on Google Play

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: ServiiDroid (Android Console) - Get it on Google Play

Xmantium wrote:Any thoughts about updating the ServiiDroid logo for more 3D look.

Sorry, thought I replied a while ago. Yes I would like to, but it will look odd if I just shove the logo onto a 3d droid. I was thinking of making an icon based on half a cog (representing settings) and half the seviio logo or something similar. If I get round to it i'll do it for the next release which adds Serviio 1.1 support, otherwise It will be after.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

brijoco

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:43 am

will wrote:Try this. If there still isn't enough space I'll hide the dedicated refresh button in portrait mode on phones.
  Code:
==== 1.8.2 ====
*Added support for picking a license file to upload from within the license info view
*Minor UI adjustments and bug fixes
*Translation updates

Will,

Excellent work!

Happy to report 1.8.2 works very well on Sony Tab S in Portrait and Landscape.

Very clean display and interface.

Regards,

Brian
Regards,
Brian
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Serviio v1.0.1 - On Win 7 Lenovo 4 core AMD 6GB lappy
Serviio v1.0.1 - On Linux QNAP 419PII - File & media server
ServiiDroid v1.8.2 - On Android v4.0.3 Tablet S
Gigabit LAN - BDV-40LX903 - BDV-E370 - Various Smartphones
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:46 am

Preview of 1.9 with Serviio 1.1 support. please test and report any problems. If everything is OK i'll push it out on Google Play tonight.

It would be helpful if people could test this against their 1.0 servers.

Can those with large tablets also test the status/devices hybrid view, as I've changed how that is put together.

Code:
==== 1.9 Preview ====
*Added support for Serviio 1.1 Beta 1(New settings, listing installed plugins, removed option to add a new device, added the ability to change a device's name, native online soruce re-ordering).
*Added a check against installed plugins when searching using ServiiDB.com (Requires Serviio 1.1)
*Added an option to list all online sources from ServiiDB.com that match the current filters
*Adjustments to some of the server settings
*Backend change to hybrid status/devices view on large tablets
Last edited by will on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Cool, will check it tonight
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:55 am

Hi will, when i go into my chosen beta, add renderer appears, but if i scroll to other tabs and go back to Status, its gone

With Online plugins, they all they version 1, possibly omit this for now until proper versioning comes to plugins
Would be if it has a button at the side and it does Google search in your default browser - will work for some plugins

Got crashes when i access ServiiDB, and press on the ServiiDroid icon on top to go back

The other thing i noticed, it doesnt recognise i added one of the URL just because it has "/" at the end
for example
http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/highlights/list/
http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/highlights/list
So it thinks ive not got the url in my sources
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:36 am

Thanks.
Xmantium wrote:Would be if it has a button at the side and it does Google search in your default browser - will work for some plugins

What did you mean by this?
The other thing i noticed, it doesnt recognise i added one of the URL just because it has "/" at the end
for example
http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/highlights/list/
http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/highlights/list
So it thinks ive not got the url in my sources

OK i'll adjust that for the next . relesae.

I've pushed 1.9 to google play, changelog is above + some minor fixes. I'll refine it a bit more later on this week, just want to get something out to the beta testers.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:24 am

Is the reordering of online sources same as the Serviio API or is it the old reorder method of rebuilding the whole library?

I meant, there should a search button in every plugin, so when the user click it searches the plugin title in Google.

I do hope versioning comes to plugins along with to say the website link, also the plugin can say it uses RSS or Web Resources
<<

csholmq

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:26 am

Worked for me. But the "please wait for previous action to complete" sometimes mess up and I have to change tab and back to click on a button. Sometimes I also need to click refresh to get it to properly connect.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:59 am

Xmantium wrote:Is the reordering of online sources same as the Serviio API or is it the old reorder method of rebuilding the whole library?

I meant, there should a search button in every plugin, so when the user click it searches the plugin title in Google.

I do hope versioning comes to plugins along with to say the website link, also the plugin can say it uses RSS or Web Resources

It uses the hack on < 1.1, and the offical way on 1.1+.

Um... the plugin names are pretty general, I don't think you would really get what you want. What might be more useful is to initate a ServiiDB.com search for sources that match it, althought the names on serviidb.com would have to be fixed to match plugins (I do some filtering for the reverse matching).

Yes that would be nice, along with online sources having an entry should which plugin they use.

csholmq wrote:Worked for me. But the "please wait for previous action to complete" sometimes mess up and I have to change tab and back to click on a button. Sometimes I also need to click refresh to get it to properly connect.

That is to prevent multiple chanegs causing the frist the be lost, or the second to be applied to the wrong entry. Does the progress indicator stop spinning?
Will

<<

csholmq

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:02 am

will wrote:
csholmq wrote:Worked for me. But the "please wait for previous action to complete" sometimes mess up and I have to change tab and back to click on a button. Sometimes I also need to click refresh to get it to properly connect.

That is to prevent multiple chanegs causing the frist the be lost, or the second to be applied to the wrong entry. Does the progress indicator stop spinning?

Not always. Sometimes the indicator keeps spinning even though it's fine to click.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:15 am

csholmq wrote:Not always. Sometimes the indicator keeps spinning even though it's fine to click.

If the inital update fails, it should tell you. It may keep spinning though because your change triggered a library update and the app has transitioned into auto update status mode.

I'll look into it tonight and see if I broke something with the previous changes. Is this over Wifi or 3G?
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:35 am

will wrote:What might be more useful is to initate a ServiiDB.com search for sources that match it, althought the names on serviidb.com would have to be fixed to match plugins

Ah! Even better!!
I've got a few weeks off work, will give me time to spruce up the content on ServiiDB
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:16 pm

I've uploaded a small update to google play.

Code:
==== 1.9.1 ====
*Minor bug fixes
*Translation updates
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Xmantium wrote:
will wrote:What might be more useful is to initate a ServiiDB.com search for sources that match it, althought the names on serviidb.com would have to be fixed to match plugins

Ah! Even better!!
I've got a few weeks off work, will give me time to spruce up the content on ServiiDB

What are you wanted to fix on serviidb? The plugin name or file name? If you want to change the plugin name, I will have to explain how to change it correctly. Since the plugin name is what is called a taxonomy term and there is a special screen that will change it at the same time on all the entries in the database.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:30 am

moltra wrote:What are you wanted to fix on serviidb? The plugin name or file name? If you want to change the plugin name, I will have to explain how to change it correctly. Since the plugin name is what is called a taxonomy term and there is a special screen that will change it at the same time on all the entries in the database.

I was going to rename all of the plugin names so that they matched the actual names in the .groovy files. But I think I can process the names to remove common differences so it won't be needed (get rid of (REGION only)). I did re-name the YouTube one and sort the cases out on all the source names, that worked fine.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:22 pm

What about having another tag name in ServiiDB such as "Plugin API Name" so it matches the API name and not the name for the plugin

Example
Plugin Name: iPlayer (UK)
Plugin API Name: iPlayerUK
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:28 pm

Xmantium wrote:What about having another tag name in ServiiDB such as "Plugin API Name" so it matches the API name and not the name for the plugin

Example
Plugin Name: iPlayer (UK)
Plugin API Name: iPlayerUK

I don't think that is needed, should be able to search based on how they are. The plugin api names are actually descriptive so for iPlayer its "BBC iPlayer (UK only)" so we don't need a human unfriendly name on ServiiDB.com.
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:32 pm

It should be easy to change the names on serviidb. I will try and change the iplayer one

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:43 pm

It is fairly easy, but I wanted to avoid having long plugin names as it takes up space on the client when displaying them, so at least leave out ' only'.
Will

<<

soundcheck

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:36 am

Hi.

Just installed Serviio 1.1 on my Linux machine. Process is up'n running.

I removed the old 1.0.1 entry from ServiiDroid and then enterered manually the 1.1 server IP.

ServiiDrod comes back all the time with "failed to connect".

Automatic server detection still doesn't seem to work either.

Any hints to get going are highly appreciated.

THX
PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration